• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pine Mountain Trails/Cloudy, Oklahoma

Cirus

Reaction score
I found this place back in August in my local paper. A couple of buddies and myself rode up there in the pickup one weekend just to do a little recon, see if it was worth coming back to in the fall. Well, headed that way yesterday moring to check it out now that it finally cooled off and the leaves are off the trees. I'll definitely be back, probably next weekend. Its about 2500 acres of pines, oaks, rocks, small fields, and streams. Most of the existing trails are logging trails, not roads just trails, some just large enough for a 4 wheeler others you could squeeze your pickup through. Theres not alot of single track since it just opened and there counting on the riders to make the trails so you can trailblaze wherever you like. As it is right now you dualsport guys will like it, pretty easy, no serious offroading unless you start trailblazing. As far as miles of trails we did 24 miles just on the logging trails and still didn't make them all. The best part is you can camp where you like, anywhere on the 2500 acres and there are some choice spots near streams, very remote. This place is privately owned and so there is no leo or rangers to hassle you. The owners live on the land at the entrance to the property and they are really nice people. Keep in mind that this place is new and just starting out so the owners are kinda learning as they go so its not as developed as Meunster but its definitely got potential.:rider: I live in Paris and its just 52 miles from me. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post directions.

Thats a nice area. We have been riding just north of there in the Pickens area. Is there a gate fee etc. Tell us more and post some pics

Mike Green

Thanks Cirus, this place sounds very cool. I would love to cut some new trails :flip: without having to worry about the rangers and hunting clubs. Ive got 10 days off around Christmas and plan on doing mucho riding. any more info about this place would be apreciated

Almost sounds too good to be true... *pinches himself*

Definitely post more info!!

Go to www.pinemountaintrails.com. The website doesn't tell you much. There is a $15 gate fee and that includes camping if you like. To get there take 271N out of Paris, go about 25 miles and take the 70E bypass right before you get to Hugo, go about a 1 1/2 miles and take a left on 93N right accross from the convenience store, go 20 miles to Rattan and go right on H3 for a few 100 yards and take a left next to a church and there is a sign there that says Lake Ozzy Cob, this road is also called Cloudy Rd, go down that road about 7 miles and you will see a sign that say Pine Mountain Trails. I'm going to try and go back this weekend but we will definitely be there the 16th & 17th.:rider:

Hmmm... there is a really good place for burgers in Hugo.

Busy Bee Cafe on 271 Business in town:

DSC00413.JPG

DSC00414.JPG

Only seats about 10 people. I had my onions grilled for the burger... :drool: Big juicy burgers!

I was pretty much there this past weekend (thanksgiving/borkenbow). Beautiful area.

Back