• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS ride near Trinity TX 12/16/2006

Would have liked to go but caught it to late.ta2240 and myself hopped up to the cabin for a wear out his new tire run[inside joke].Lot of roads I imagine?I'll follow to see what you guys thought about it...

I had a great time, what a nice day for a ride. My GPS said I rode 284 miles, the dirt roads were in perfect shape with minimal dust. James nice pics, I felt strange not being the one taking all the pic's.

GREASEMONKEY said:
Would have liked to go but caught it to late.ta2240 and myself hopped up to the cabin for a wear out his new tire run[inside joke].Lot of roads I imagine?I'll follow to see what you guys thought about it...
Hey GreaseMonkey yeah it was a last minute ride maybe next time. This picture pretty much sums it all up, we had some nice scenery.

crossbryan.jpg

Yes, it was a great ride. A little sand, dust and mud. Plus a little adversity that was overcome. My headlight/taillight fuse went out. I'm sure glad we stopped to replace it because it was totally dark when I got home.

What was up with that 10 year old boy driving the dually with the big trailer down the dusty road? That is somehing you don't see in Houston.

Greasemonkey, we were so close to your place and Crockett, I saw the waypoint for your cabin in my GPS. It was a long ride but the weather was perfect.

Steve

Yeah it was a good one, we tried to explore just NE of Lake Livingston but after running into a bunch of locked gates we just picked up the route we did last Conroe pie run and had fun cutting up around Trinity, LoveLady and back down to Huntsville.
trinity.jpg

Hey James here is a resized version of all your pic's.

Here we are after encountering all the private roads and locked gates, we are trying to figure out the gps.
lost.jpg

Finally located the fun roads

breakklr.jpg

breakbd.jpg

Me(dbdolan) and Desmo taking a break while James Cain snaps some shots.
break1.jpg

It was a perfect day for riding...
crossview.jpg

James and Steve
crossme.jpg

crossdesmo.jpg

The road is calling my name..
crossbryan.jpg

This old bridge is on a CR in Glendale
break2.jpg

bridgebdd.jpg

The bug cam
jc.jpg

klrjlc.jpg

Taking a break at an old cemetery..
graveyard.jpg

desmo.jpg

sign.jpg

dbd.jpg

pipelinebd1.jpg

mubbd.jpg

pipelinebd.jpg

Blown fuse on Steve's (Desmo) goat

repair3.jpg

repair1.jpg

Here is the .gps track from the ride if anyone is intrested.

Attachments

• Trinity track.gpx
    472.9 KB · Views: 286
You get new riding gear Bryan? Sure looks clean!

Preciate the track.did I see mud and bumps in the road,yeeha.I'll check it out from the cabin and make a loop maybe.Or a super loop with the centerville 300 stuff,like my rear could handle any more.

Bryan thanks a bunch for posting the photos. :clap: I have a hard time spending my evenings in front of the computer when my entire day is spent in in front of one.:pound:

Man that looks like some kind of fun!! Me and a buddy of mine recently became the proud new KLR owners and we are looking to get dirty...

Let me know the next time you guys are heading out for a ride, I'd like to hook up with you guys who know where the "good" roads are. If you don''t mind that is. I live in the Woodlands are so you guys aren't too far away.

:tab Tumper, if you head West towards Montgomery, there are a bunch of little backroads, paved and unpaved, that are perfect for the KLR. If you head up I-45, once you get North of Conroe, there are some good roads off to the Northeast in the area where Bryan took these guys.

I highly recommend getting a GPS. It really makes on the fly exploring easy and more time efficient. I have the Garmin 60CS and it works great! It is also nice to be able to save your tracks in case you want to duplicate a route at a later date.

Thanks Scott.

I guess I need to get a Garmin....what do they generally run pricewise?

Back