• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Cafe Directory

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Last Name
Starns
I sure would like to know where to eat in just about every little town or big city in Texas. What are some of your favorite cafes?:eat:

Luling City Market in Luling.
Riley's in Blanco.
Cooper's in Llano.
Southside Market in Elgin.

About three months ago, I was scouting a friend's land for a hunt near Llano. She kept talking about Cooper's. We stopped there and the combination of great BBQ and beautiful bikes inspired me. I talked bikes the whole way home, then promptly bought my VFR.

Coopers BBQ is 100% directly responsible for me being on a bike again.

vera's trinity cafe in trinity,tx
mckenzies bbq next to tractor supply in huntsville,tx
the hen house in riverside,tx

Texan BBQ on FM830 between I-45 and Lake Conroe
Bryces Landing on HWY21 at Toledo Bend

I can't remember the name of the place but on I-20 just east of Mesquite was a little dinner on the south side of the road. Great homestyle cooking. I think it was at the Seagoville Road exit.

Any Texas Burger across the state.

Casa Manana 609 8th St
Branding Iron 104 E. Scott
Sevi's Burritos between 9 and 10 on Denver
all in Wichita Falls

Feed Lot
Burkburnett Texas

Peach Orchard
over line in Terral Oklahoma

Bill's Catfish
over river Highway 79?

Onion Creek Grill
Archer City Texas

Just a start if interested I will provide reviews..:eat:

Texas Bob said:
Casa Manana 609 8th St
Branding Iron 104 E. Scott
Sevi's Burritos between 9 and 10 on Denver
all in Wichita Falls

Feed Lot
Burkburnett Texas

Peach Orchard
over line in Terral Oklahoma

Bill's Catfish
over river Highway 79?

Onion Creek Grill
Archer City Texas

Just a start if interested I will provide reviews..:eat:

Having grown up in Henrietta I can vouch for most of these places. My cousin owns The Branding Iron. And we make a run to Bill's Catfish almost every time we go back to visit family. :clap:

Palo Pinto Cafe in Palo Pinto.....

My list goes on and on....

:eat:

Have fork... will travel....

Babes, any location, we take back roads to the one in Sanger the ride around the lake....

Thought that BBQ up from Aubrey wuz overrated... :giveup:

Health Camp
Elite Cafe
both in Waco................
Dr Pepper Museum in Waco has a better hand made Dr. Pepper than the one in Dublin...but Dublin is cool too.......

UnderWood's in Brownwood is a funky cafateria from my youth when they had one in Wicita Falls... not the best, but kinda fun and a notable mention if you ate there as a kid......

Gota go a CheeseBurger is calling my name........ :eat:

I really look like that smiley face you know.... :)

:eat: I am taking notes on all of these recomendations. I always try to find the Mom & Pop places when I travel. It is getting harder for them to make it in this franchise world. We meet at Phil's in Montgomery for some great meals and I have to mention getting a hamburger at the Richard's Grocery in Richards, TX on 149. The Catfish Place in Huntsville is also good. The Taqueria Vallarta on 105 E off I-45 in Conroe has a killer Carne Asada w/ Nopalitas.
How bout we compile and print a TWTEX refuel list?:clap: rh

I will help with list where I can, I really don't know how to use anything more complicated than NotePAD and do not own Word or WP....
I can eat though........
:eat:

.....Dixie Pig Butternut St Abilene... Arnold Burger, Golden Light cafe in Amarillo
Threadgills Austin, Perini Steak House in Buffalo Gap... H&H Care Wash in El Paso..
Got more,
but it's Lunch time somewhere
Got to go
:eat3:

:eat: I am taking notes on all of these recomendations. I always try to find the Mom & Pop places when I travel. It is getting harder for them to make it in this franchise world. We meet at Phil's in Montgomery for some great meals and I have to mention getting a hamburger at the Richard's Grocery in Richards, TX on 149. The Catfish Place in Huntsville is also good. The Taqueria Vallarta on 105 E off I-45 in Conroe has a killer Carne Asada w/ Nopalitas.
How bout we compile and print a TWTEX refuel list?:clap: rh

I've been working on a database of mom & pop restaurants for several months now...the goal is to compile the world's largest database of dives and make the information easy to access so no matter where you are, you can find a great hole-in-the-wall nearby. I've input quite a few dives from the Northwest and am currently going through Texas as fast as I can gather the information (I attempt to confirm everything via phone...I've taken my GSA on long trips for pie only to find that the place we were going was closed:doh: ...never again).

The site is www.diveeats.com. I put it together as a hobby and with motorcycle riders in mind...and with franchise food places NOT in mind :trust:...please be patient with me, I've got a day job but am adding Texas dives as fast as I can...and if you're particularly fond of a few dives, try adding them on the site...or just reply here or shoot me a PM. I won't rest until I've got at least 100 Texas dives input. :eat:

Cool idea for a website!

I'll register and add some dives I know about.

Thanks. It's a blast to find new spots and talk to the people running them...tons of friendly down-to-earth folks out there cooking up some amazing grub :eat:

Having grown up in Henrietta I can vouch for most of these places. My cousin owns The Branding Iron. And we make a run to Bill's Catfish almost every time we go back to visit family. :clap:

Peach Orchard and Bill's Catfish are both in the diveeats.com database now. I love it when I talk to these folks asking about the address and they say "well, you go around the curve" or "just a little over the bridge"....there's no fixed address. That's why I've integrated GPS coordinates into the site...so we can find great food and great people no matter where we are! :eat:

Peach Orchard and Bill's Catfish are both in the diveeats.com database now. I love it when I talk to these folks asking about the address and they say "well, you go around the curve" or "just a little over the bridge"....there's no fixed address. That's why I've integrated GPS coordinates into the site...so we can find great food and great people no matter where we are! :eat:

Those have to be two of the best places to eat catfish in the world. :sun:

Those have to be two of the best places to eat catfish in the world. :sun:

Yup...definitely worth visiting. If you're up in AR this fall, you might want to check out this spot...places located at the intersection of 2 dirt roads where the owners say "yeah, every Friday night we serve catfish and frog legs"...and their mailing address is 5-10miles away...you just know there's somethin' good goin' on food-wise....and the roads in...my goodness, they made my GSA squeal like a pig with glee...blacktop followed by dirt...followed by blacktop... :rider:

http://www.diveeats.com/DiveEats/showthread.php?t=95

Regardless of where you are, if you've got good roads, a good dive, and good friends nearby, you're in paradise IMO :clap:

try diveeats.com Theyve got stuff everywhere

Back