• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pray for our families

Reaction score
My nephew, Michael, and his girlfriend, Teri, died in a single vehicle motorcycle accident on FM2025 between Cleveland and Coldspring late on Dec 17. They were within three miles of home after a day of riding with friends. For an unknown reason he straightened out the last curve. Our best guess is that something was in his lane, car or animal, and he was going around it. He was a very experienced rider. DPS estimates that he was going no faster than 55 mph. It looks like he kept the bike up after he left the road and had begun to slide sideways as he was steering back toward the road. Unfortunately, there is a sturdy barbwire fence that follows the curve of the road faster than he could correct. His rear tire hit one of the posts and that spun them into the fence. They sheared off three 5-inch diameter posts. Neither had helmets. My brother had fussed at them about that. A helmet might have saved her but it would not have saved him as he became involved with the wire. DPS thinks the end was quick.

It was a rainy, foggy night and both of them were wearing black. They were not found until early the next morning when a school bus driver called in the accident. The motorcycle engine was stone cold when police arrived.

Her funeral was Sat, Dec 23 in Cleveland. His funeral is Sat, Dec 30 in Coldspring. This just crushes my heart. He was a fellow motorhead and rider, and my good friend. Please say a prayer for both our families.

Sad news.

You, your nephew's and his girl friends families will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Really sorry to hear it, Kevin. Our prayers are with both families...

Its never easy.. believe me when I say that I feel your pain. I had a similar experience years ago and I am still not the same. Hang in there my friend.

Dave

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and Teri's family. Take care!!

Your families are in our thoughts. Sometimes life doesn't seem fair and it tests our faith. Remember, God will not test us beyond our endurance. Lean upon Him and one another in this time of need.

Back