• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ram mount for Satellite Radio

Reaction score
First Name
Vern
Last Name
James
I got the Sirius "Sportster 3" satellite radio for christmas... Does anyone know what is the best ram mount to get...

Velcro it to your jacket sleeve that way you wont leave it behind on the bike.

I wired my radio into a little Joe Rocket tankbag that fits nicely on the Vstrom tank. The tank bags works well on the bike and I can also throw it in my truck.

FYI - I found that there was not enough volume from the audio out plug on the radio for riding at highway speeds so I installed a small amp with an external volume control.

I've been using the included suction mount with a zip tie ( just in case ).

No problems in over a year. It's ugly yes but was ment as a test set-up. I guess I'm on the year test plan.

I bought my radio , "Sirius One" because it was cheap. The screen is useless in daylight ( motorcycle or in a car ), but the buttons are big and spaced far apart making it easy to operate with gloves on.

Attachments

• Sirius One.JPG
    Sirius One.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 149
Back