• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone riding with Oxtar Matrix II's?

sherob

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hughes
My originals are about toast... looking to replace with the II's, but since they've been redesigned I thought I'd see how others liked them first ;-)

TIA for any info.
Robert

Haven't tried the Matrix, but if they've got the same quality and good fit as the Infinity model it should be a great boot. :thumb:

I love the Matrix II's. I never tried the originals, but I like the II's so much, I bought two extra pair in the last six months...just in case they discontinue them before I wear out my first pair.

I think my experiences have been quite different from most. First off, I love my Matrix II boots and would recommend them highly. Fit, comfort, and longevity have been great.

My only issue deals with the sole of the boots. Honestly, my pair sound like a grunting pig as I walk. They are so loud that someone almost knocked me over running out of their office to "fix the broken copier" while I was walking down a hall. I had to quit wearing them to school because it was so embarasing.

Carl

I just bought a second set to have available if the first ones ever wear out. They have been totally comfortable from the first fit. They are not hot in the summer, not cold in the winter. I doubt I'd ever buy anything different as long as these are on the market.

I ended up buying a pair (TCX's now) since I wore a hole in the sole of my TM's :lol2:

They are alot warmer on the toes than the TM's were :clap:

Just got back from my first ride with the Oxtar Matrix II from New Enough, since I needed a size 42 it was even cheaper at $109.00! Have the Oxtar Jupiter so I had a good idea of how the Matrix sizing would be, etc.

Glad I got the boot, comfortable, nice to have shin armor along with the usual ankle + foot armor. Not hot at all compared to my Doc Martens which was my usual riding boot.

Its tall enough to give lower leg protection but no so tall that it rubs your calf. The top flares out enough so folks with fat calves (like me) shouldn't have a problem with the boot.

Interesting observations for you guys riding with "regular" boots and thinking about getting a real "riding" boot ..... much to my surprise the stiffer soled riding boots are actually MORE relaxing and comfortable while riding. Seems the stiff sole and no-heel type design lets you place your foot on your pegs wherever you feel comfortable, no longer locked into position by a heel. The stiff sole also gives you more subtle feedback through the pegs about what your bike is doing.

The rounded toe actually makes it easier for short legged guys like me to paddle the bike backward. I thought my thick lugged sole Doc Martens would give better grip but I found that it is easier to walk the bike backward with the Matrix even though the sole is thinner.

Ditto on the rounded heel, lets you place your foot down smoother when rolling to a stop, the sharper edge of a regular sole sort of catches when it touches the asphalt but the rounded Matrix sole rolls downward and gives me better grip.

All in all, great boot, super price if you can find the right size closeout sizes at New Enough under the "Oxtar" brand. If you compare to the current "TCX" brand you'll find the same boot costing about $100.00 more!

Aloha,
Huladog

All in all, great boot, super price if you can find the right size closeout sizes at New Enough under the "Oxtar" brand. If you compare to the current "TCX" brand you'll find the same boot costing about $100.00 more!

Yup. I ordered the 42. I wear a womens 10 or a mens 8.5/9, so I was iffy about needing 42 or 43 - if these don't fit I figured I'd sell them and try something else.

Yup. I ordered the 42. I wear a womens 10 or a mens 8.5/9, so I was iffy about needing 42 or 43 - if these don't fit I figured I'd sell them and try something else.
I'm a men's 8 which is Euro 42. I've had Sidi, Alpinestars and even an original Oxtar Matrix, years ago...all 42 and fit the same, although the Sidi was narrower. I think you'll be selling them soon.

the stiffer soled riding boots are actually MORE relaxing and comfortable while riding. Seems the stiff sole and no-heel type design lets you place your foot on your pegs wherever you feel comfortable, no longer locked into position by a heel. The stiff sole also gives you more subtle feedback through the pegs about what your bike is doing.
Yep. Heels on footpegs are less than desireable. Sometimes, after a very long day, your tired legs struggle to unhook your heel off the peg when ready to put a foot down.

I'm a men's 8 which is Euro 42. I've had Sidi, Alpinestars and even an original Oxtar Matrix, years ago...all 42 and fit the same, although the Sidi was narrower. I think you'll be selling them soon.

Got them today, and they feel pretty good. The calf is the tightest part, but it's above the zipper so I can adjust with the velcro. They are definitely more protective than my previous street boots.

The last two pairs of leather street boots were mens 9, and they fit perfect when I bought them but as they wore in they stretched too quickly and I had to "shim" them up with insoles and inserts. These are just snug enough now that when they start to give a little they'll be just right.

Got 'em, really like them, quit wearing my Alpine Stars after using these. Grippy soles and better comfort.

Back