• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Three Palms 12/31/06

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Montgomery
Well I went out and had a blast with a few of my TMGP Road Racing buddies and I had a blast. This was my first time at a MX track. I thought I was going to get run over but all was well. I rode until I ran out of gas. And to think that a year ago I was in rehab barely able to push a wheelchair and unable to get myself clothed. It is amazing the difference a year makes. Take a look at the pictures...not too bad for a paraplegic eh?
IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG

IMG_0291_2.JPG

IMG_0292_2.JPG

IMG_0293_2.JPG

IMG_0294_2.JPG

IMG_0295_2.JPG

bdmpastx said:
And to think that a year ago I was in rehab barely able to push a wheelchair and unable to get myself clothed. It is amazing the difference a year makes. Take a look at the pictures...not too bad for a paraplegic eh?
Wait a minute! This is you in this thread isn't it!?!

Wow! It is great to see you out and muddy! :clap:

I have been following a similar story that started on riderforums about Orange Appeal - he now has a ZRX trike almost ready with the help of the above forum and the ZRXOA forum.

Congrats on the 4-wheeler outing! :thumb:

Yeah that's me in that thread.
I don't ever plan on riding a trike on any occasion. My next adventure is going to be a trackbike with only 2 wheels and I plan on doing it within 2 years! Why not you know? Here is another paraplegic doing it.
449wg8g.jpg

Hey Brian awesome report, I have never met you but your report inspires me. I am glad to see you still have the passion to ride, maybe we can all do another dirt ride out at Outlaw Trax if we can get the members to have everyone out again.
Later

I did some more riding today at 3p but my shifter switches messed up and cut the day short. I did manage to get some air today though and it was fun while it lasted.
447y7m8.jpg

Life is fast and so am I! lol. I go fast because I don't want to miss anything.

Looks like fun! My nephew has a souped-up Honda 400EX quad that I've taken out for a spin a few times, and that thing makes my Speed Triple seem mild-mannered. :eek2: :lol2:

Mucho respect, Brian. :thumb:

Good on ya! :clap:

Are you strapped to the quad? I saw a black thing on your thigh that looked like a strap. The landings have to be tough if you cannot use your legs as shocks. Has that been a problem for you? Are you able to move around in the seat at all? Hope you don't mind the questions, just the curious geek side of me coming out... ;-)

Yeah I am strapped on the thing but it is mainly used for keeping my butt on the seat. Otherwise I slide off to the side when I corner. It is designed to break away in the event of a rollover etc. Which I hope to never do! And yes the landings are difficult sometimes but I am getting the rythm of it so that it is much more bearable.

Is that a raptor or a 450? I have ridden a raptor and it was very very fast but the 450 is probably quicker since it is their race quad.

Back