• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Year's Eve 2006 ride in Indpenedence

dbdolan

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Dolan
Desmo and I did a last minute DS ride up and around Independence on Sunday afternoon 12/31/06. The dirt roads were prime with the recent rain and the knobbs loved it. Here a few pics I took of the scenes around Independence.

cropped.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02380.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

DSC02390.jpg

Looks like fun....again.

Next time you head that way give me a shout, I would love to get out and explore some of those roads with ya....I am east of the Woodlands so maybe I could meet up with you guys somewhere along the way....

Eric B

Tumper said:
Looks like fun....again.

Next time you head that way give me a shout, I would love to get out and explore some of those roads with ya....I am east of the Woodlands so maybe I could meet up with you guys somewhere along the way....

Eric B
Sounds good, thinking about riding this Sunday if the weather clears out. You are not too far from my house, I live at Kuykendahl and Dowdell.

Sunday looks good at the moment weather wise....

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/tenday/77385?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_vacation

Let me know a time if you do decide to head out, and me and a freind of mine will see if we can meet up with you....

My KLR is over at Patrick's (MU) at the moment getting a new set of clutch plates, a fluid change and a Supertrapp (quiet model) installed. I should get it back Saturday, so it would be a great time for a little shake down run to see what kind of improvements have been made.....

Tumper said:
Sunday looks good at the moment weather wise....

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/tenday/77385?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_vacation

Let me know a time if you do decide to head out, and me and a freind of mine will see if we can meet up with you....

My KLR is over at Patrick's (MU) at the moment getting a new set of clutch plates, a fluid change and a Supertrapp (quiet model) installed. I should get it back Saturday, so it would be a great time for a little shake down run to see what kind of improvements have been made.....
Hey Tumper, did you get your KLR back from MU? Did the new clutch plates help the problem you were having?

Back