• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Come use my NoMar Tire Changer!

Reaction score
Hey all.

A buddy and I have decided to split a NoMar tire changer, and it will be living happily in my garage. It should be at my house and installed by the second week of January. I decided to make it available to forum members, so if you happen to be in my neck of the woods (North of I-10 between Barker Cypress and Fry Rd.) with some tires that need to be mounted and balanced, let me know. If you'd care to make a small donation to the tire changer fund after using the machine, such donations would be most welcome.

I'll post a review as soon as I get the thing setup.

I hope you have a system in place for disposing of old tires... My garage started over flowing with them after a few maintenance days :-P Also, be prepared for desperate people wanting to change tires the day before a trip :lol2: Have fun :thumb:

You're such a party pooper! :lol2: Actually, I had already considered the tire thing - folks will be taking the old rubber with them. As for the last minute before a trip tire change . . . well, I'll see what I can do. I like to help out my motorcycling peeps if I can. What can I say - I'm a giver! :puke:

You're gonna have a lot of new best friends! :trust:

That's very generous of you, and I might take you up on the offer. I hate using conventional tire irons as they are a total PITB and I always, always end up gouging my wheels. :suicide:

BTW, if you haven't already seen it, here's a review of the NoMar changer with some tips on set-up and operation: http://www.gunsmoke.com/motorcycling/reviews/tires_n_balancer/

If there is a Discount Tire Store in your area, I think they will take old tires for $1 each.

Re: tire disposal

If you are a City of Houston resident, you can drop off tires, oil, batteries, antifreeze and other recycleables (including electronics) at their recycling centers free of charge.

Surf around at this City of Houston link to find locations. They don't all operate the same so read carefully.

Also, there are annual HHW collection events around greater Houston area that will also accept these items free of charge. I pile up my used oil, filters, tires and batteries and haul them all over. However, they usually have limits on the number of tires per household (hint: get your neighbor to go too if you have alot of tires).

As much as you say they will take the old tires with them...................you always manage to start collecting a few for whatever reasons. Over the past 2 years I have done about 100 tires or more and somehow ended up with about 10 scattered around the yard and garage.

When I start noticing a few too many I usually take them to work and get rid of them.

As for donations, well that rarely happens. Everyone always has good intentions, but it seems like they fall short when it comes right down to it.

Just an update. I've had a few guys trickle in. I have ended up doing the work - but I don't mind. The machine is pretty easy to use.

Don't forget to come by if you need a cheap tire change and balance!

As it just so happens - I have a set of tires I need to mount. And I will most certainly donate to the cause. Look for me to hit you up next month (I need to score a Pit Bull Stand first so I can get the darn wheels off).

Which one did you get. I am about to purchase one and would love to use yours before I do. I will be happy to donate. Did you get the balancer also? I just recieved my tires yesterday. Please send me a PM with you info so that I can make an appointment.

Your honor,

I've got a couple too, was hoping you still were up to this, and if I can coordinate with DrB, would be grateful ($$, beer, lunch?) to get your help. Send me a PM, or two eight one, three hundred, twenty-six twenty-two.

Thanks.

or just throw em in the dumpster, that's what I do, unless I change em at work, them I just toss em in the pile.

Won't be in the market for tires for at *least* a few months, but just have to say that's a heck of a gracious offer you've extended.

If I wasn't so Nordic, I'd have to call you a mensch!

Does this machine do dirt bike rims/tires? I have 3 to mount in the very near future & will be glad to donate to the cause.

Back