• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello Riders in TX

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Sportridertex mentioned this site at a zx-11 forum so had to check it out and I'm glad I did.
I live in New Braunfels which is between San Antonio and Austin next to hill country which has the best roads I've ever been on.
I have a '92 ZX-11 which was in mint condition until I low sided on Lime Creek rd. by Lake Travis. Parts on backorder! It's still 100 % ridable.
I'm originally from Houston so I'm used to the 4 lane sweepers and out in the country it's completely different!
It's been a week since I've even looked at my car! If the good weather keeps up it will be much longer! :-D

Welcome to the site, nice ride you got there, confortable, fast..scary...lol.

I'm the same way, I barely look at my car because of the bike. and I have a Kawa too.

:bigokay:

Let me welcome you also. To bad about the drop on LCR. I love that road but I have noticed recently that more and more junk is ending up on the road, especially near the water treatment plant and as you get out closer to the stone quarries.

Anyway, got a pretty good group here from the San Antonio/AUstin Corridor, just sometimes a little hard to get us all organized. Hopefully though well see you out on a ride sometime

Yep SV I noticed all the bike pieces on the ground and missing tree bark on the trees on the corner where I lost it. Looks like I definately wasn't the first one! My fav is still F.M. 337. I just about teared up when I found that one! :dude:

SVinAustin said:
Anyway, got a pretty good group here from the San Antonio/AUstin Corridor, just sometimes a little hard to get us all organized.

Never fear, Squeaky is going to organize us. She promised. :mrgreen:

txmedic said:
SVinAustin said:
Anyway, got a pretty good group here from the San Antonio/AUstin Corridor, just sometimes a little hard to get us all organized.

Never fear, Squeaky is going to organize us. She promised. :mrgreen:

If that happens, we will never here the end of it :help:

Ok... (cringe now)

I am tentatively scheduled to be in Austin this coming weekend (6/19-6/20), but not sure if it will be with the bike yet. Over the next 24-48 hours I will be working out the plans with friends and then I will post a ride/event/meet and greet in the area.

Keep in mind I do not know the area or the roads - I will have to rely on you guys for that.

I'm just the spark that lights a fire under y'alls' rears!

I work shift - weekends nights included. I hope I can make it whenever it'll be! Great site! I just can't get my avatar to stick :-?

Squeaky said:
I'm just the spark that lights a fire under y'alls' rears!
C'mon, baby, light my fire... :lol:

Well, if you do come to Austin, there are plenty of good roads in the area: twisties, gentle hills and curves, rutted gravel goat-paths... Whatever your li'l ol' heart desires. We are blessed that way! :angel:

OK Squeakers....what's the plan? You tease us with promises of discipline and fire (two things we Austinites find irresistable). :-D Are you coming this weekend and bringing your bike? If nothing else maybe some of us can meet up and have lunch or something if you cage it. :chug:

That's what I'm working out today - cage or bike. If it's not on the bike, I think it's a great idea to all get together for some grub anyway.

I'll know before tonight is through...

Ok, Ok, Ok, nobody hate me - my friends backed out and so now I'm stuck in Houston for the weekend. I already got the weekend off, so after tonight I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday and other than maybe catching a movie and riding around town, I have no plans and almost nothing to do.

I will work something out for a ride to and around Austin in the not-too-distant future. I'll make sure not to rely on others for a place to stay, either.

I was really looking forward to meeting you guys. Again, Sorry...

Back