• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How about that Bubba

He did go down, got up, passed Carmichael to take the lead back, then Carmichael went down. Chad was a distant third nursing a hurt shoulder. The Bubba Scrub manuever he used to get past Carmichael should be used as a training video!

I completely forgot to watch it live last night. Just came back from ride today, and realized that I forgot to tape even today's show. Arrrrghhhh!!!:doh: :doh: :doh:

Ken

OK got a chance to see the replay today on Speed. :clap:

Very exciting race. Amazing how he could control the race even after going down. He has youth on his side now.

What a gap between 3rd and 4th place.

Yeah, he has the Bubba Scrub down. Nice how he uses it better than others.:rider:

Lots of racing left.:clap:

Funny how RC cant hang with him in sx if JS stays on the bike and JS cant hang with RC outdoors if they both stay on the bikes lol.

Yes, Bubba did run a good race with only one major mis-hap. He was clearly posting the fastest lap times in practice and races.
After listening to RC pre-race interview he said that he was not going to take any chances. He was still riding fast but you could tell that he had that NASCAR contract on his mine and did not want to ride to his full potential.
CR ran a good race even injured. You could see the pain in his face in his post race interview.

When CR gets healed up he will be the only one that JS will have to even think about if at all.

Now that RC is part timing it, JS will only ride fast enough to stay in the front. He will not have anyone to push him beyond his capabilities and will win the SX championship.

Yes RC is still way mo faster outdoors than anyone right now. Age has a way of slowing riders down however.

Outdoors is about flat out speed.:eek2: SX is mo technical.:zen:

Bubba was putting in faster lap times in SX on his one2fiver at times than RC was on his 2fidy.

I've always timed the two over the longest whoop sections and Bubba has almost always been faster.

Bubba owns Chad in my opinion, but Chad reed might not agree.:mrgreen:

It's Bubba's season to win or give away in my opinion. :clap:

Was a heckuva race for a season opener. Looking forward to watching Pheonix on Friday.

Bubba did good and made very few if any mistakes. Ricky was running the fastest practice and heat race times but as the races went on the track got slick and his lap times increased.

Tedesco a local Houston rider did very well and finished 7th. in the Main event. I have seen him ride at 3 palms and just had to pick my jaw up. On television they don't appear to be riding very fast but when you stand next to the track and see the size of these jumps and woop sections then see how fast they are going over them it is amazing. TV just doesn't do it justice.

Jeff Dement also a local rider in the Houston area did very well.
Jeff was able to take the holeshot in the Main in Phoenix. He was riding with a cracked tailbone from a crash this week in practice. In the heat race he rode well and finished a solid 7th. Jeff injured his shoulder when the first main was restarted after DV crashed. He landed together with another rider and when he crash his left shoulder pop out. We didn't even know if he can restart for the pain. Anyway, he made a big mistake on lap 1 of the main and fell to 11th. He was 12th for the whole race and only lost the position when he pulled over for Stewart and RC with a few laps to go.

On Feb. 10th. Supercross races will be here in Houston at the Reliant Stadium.
I will be there.

It was a great race. Loved that pass. I am always amazed at how these guys can control their bikes at speed, and Bubba says we have yet to see him ride on the edge.

Back