PDA

View Full Version : DS ride east of New Waverly 01/07/2007

james.cain
01-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Well is was a unplanned outing with Bryan and Steve and after an all night rain I could not resist the invite.

I have placed my pictures on my WEB site at:

http://scootercain.spaces.live.com

Bryan has the crash photo of me thinking I had an inseam is 38" and could hold up a KLR with one hand OUCH!

Hemibee
01-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Bryan has the crash photo of me thinking I had an inseam is 38" and could hold up a KLR with one hand OUCH!

:rofl: Been there, done that. :rofl:

Tourmeister
01-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Sorry I missed the call guys. Probably a good thing though as the knobbies on my front tire are pretty much gone... I gotta mount up the new tire soon.

Tumper
01-08-2007, 10:15 AM
I wish I could've went, but the KLR is still in the shop.......

Seems the 96 and later models require 8 clutch plates instead of 7....My bike, being an 01 of course, required one more plate than the kit I was given had at the time I purchased the bike...LOL Oh well there's always next time.

By the way James, do you have a helmet mount for your camera or what?????

Desmo
01-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Sorry I missed the call guys. Probably a good thing though as the knobbies on my front tire are pretty much gone... I gotta mount up the new tire soon.

Sorry about the late call. This was a last minute ride. The weather forecast was supposed to be cruddy Sunday morning but it turned out beautiful. No way I could stay home. The roads were nice and muddy with very little dust. A ideal dual sport ride.

Now that deer season is over, it is time to hit some SHNF trails soon.

Steve

dbdolan
01-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Yep good ride, I need to remember that Harrell road, that was one nasty un maintained road that took us over by Lake Livingston and into the Sanford and Son place:lol2: where the guy was waiting for us to trespass which we did not.
Here is James after he tried to stretch his inseam;-) this was on a nicer road.
Hey James you are going to have to drop your KLR at least 30 or 40 more times before you catch up with all my get offs:-P
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/dbdolan/DSEastofHville1-7-07002.jpg

DANNYROTH
01-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Been there, done that:haha::doh::eek2: