• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS ride east of New Waverly 01/07/2007

Reaction score
First Name
James
Last Name
Cain
Well is was a unplanned outing with Bryan and Steve and after an all night rain I could not resist the invite.

I have placed my pictures on my WEB site at:

http://scootercain.spaces.live.com

Bryan has the crash photo of me thinking I had an inseam is 38" and could hold up a KLR with one hand OUCH!

james.cain said:
Bryan has the crash photo of me thinking I had an inseam is 38" and could hold up a KLR with one hand OUCH!

:rofl: Been there, done that. :rofl:

Sorry I missed the call guys. Probably a good thing though as the knobbies on my front tire are pretty much gone... I gotta mount up the new tire soon.

I wish I could've went, but the KLR is still in the shop.......

Seems the 96 and later models require 8 clutch plates instead of 7....My bike, being an 01 of course, required one more plate than the kit I was given had at the time I purchased the bike...LOL Oh well there's always next time.

By the way James, do you have a helmet mount for your camera or what?????

Tourmeister said:
Sorry I missed the call guys. Probably a good thing though as the knobbies on my front tire are pretty much gone... I gotta mount up the new tire soon.

Sorry about the late call. This was a last minute ride. The weather forecast was supposed to be cruddy Sunday morning but it turned out beautiful. No way I could stay home. The roads were nice and muddy with very little dust. A ideal dual sport ride.

Now that deer season is over, it is time to hit some SHNF trails soon.

Steve

Yep good ride, I need to remember that Harrell road, that was one nasty un maintained road that took us over by Lake Livingston and into the Sanford and Son place:lol2: where the guy was waiting for us to trespass which we did not.
Here is James after he tried to stretch his inseam;-) this was on a nicer road.
Hey James you are going to have to drop your KLR at least 30 or 40 more times before you catch up with all my get offs:-P
DSEastofHville1-7-07002.jpg

Back