• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who's 'been everywhere, man"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Post a picture of your bike and proof of the town. Let's see if we can knock them all off the list. BOLD are completed towns. Red still need a picture/proof.

Surfing today I came across this version of Cash. I tried searching for it to see if it was a dupe or not on the boards. If it is, forgive me, delete it, move it or whatever. I DID think it was pretty cool and would be very impressed if anyone has done them all.

You can hear an MP3 excerpt at http://www.brianburnsmusic.com/es_song_10.htm

I've Been Everywhere (In Texas) MP3 Excerpt
Geoff Mack (Texas Version Adapted By Brian Burns)

I was totin’ my pack along the dusty Amarillo road
when along came a semi with a high and canvas covered load.
“If you’re goin’ to Amarillo, Mack, with me you can ride,”
and so I climbed up in the cab and then I settled down inside.
He asked me if I’d seen a road with so much dust and sand,
and I said, “listen, bud, I’ve traveled every road in this here land...”

CHORUS:
I’ve been everywhere, man,
I’ve been everywhere, man,
I’ve crossed the deserts bare, man,
breathed the mountain air, man,
of travel I’ve had my share, man,
I’ve been everywhere.

I’ve been to Waco, Hico, Hondo, Navasota,
Winnsboro, Jacksboro, Hillsboro, Santa Rosa,
Austin, Houston, Galveston, Texarkana,
Frisco, Buffalo, Conroe, Corsicana,
Goliad, Groesbeck, Glen Rose, Red Oak,
Post Oak, Live Oak, Lone Oak, no joke...

REPEAT CHORUS

I’ve been to Krugerville, Pflugerville, Van Horn, Val Verde,
Brackettville, Bartonville, Beeville, Bulverde,
Bear Creek, Cedar Creek, Mill Creek, Mineola,
Maypearl, Monahans, Telephone, Tuscola,
Redwater, Round Rock, Round Top, Round Lake,
Sour Lake, Southlake, Springlake, for Pete’s sake...

REPEAT CHORUS

I’ve been to Greenville, Gatesville, Gainesville, Alameda,
Kerrville, Kellyville, Bastrop, Benavides,
Somerville, Smithville, Stephenville, Prairie View,
Luckenbach, Longview, Plainview, Idalou,
Justin, Junction, Panorama, Pasadena,
Angelina, and Lorena...see what I mean-a...

REPEAT CHORUS

I’ve been to Valley Mills, Pine Mills, Dime Box, Duncanville,
New Home, New Hope, New Deal, Liberty Hill,
Rockport, Rock Creek, Bridgeport, Brownwood,
Cleburne, Comanche, Cut & Shoot, Cottonwood,
Bayview, Bayside, Baytown, Bay City,
Falls City, Center City, Bridge City, what a pity...

REPEAT CHORUS

When it comes to travelin’ Texas, friend,
I’ve been everywhere.

Posted as of: 09/17/2007 8:03PM CST: We have completed 92 of 92 for 100%

ysr612=Amarillo, Texarkana, Galveston, Bastrop, Goliad, Bridge City, Sour Lake, Navasota, Cut & Shoot

M38A1=Luckenbach, Kerrville, Cedar Creek, Smithville, Dime Box, Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Val Verde, Liberty Hill, Mill Creek, Val Verde, Brownwood, Tuscola, New Home, Idalou, New Deal, Plainview, Springlake, Commanche, Bear Creek, Bulverde, Live Oak, Hondo, Bracketville, Somerville, Round Top, Gatesville, Lorena, Rock Creek, Valley Mills, Stephenville, Cottonwood, Prarie View, Center City, Waco, Groesbeck, Falls City, Hillsboro, Round Lake, Pasadena, Baytown, Baycity

DFW Warrior=Hico, Glen Rose

DANNYROTH=Angelina

Gilk51=Cleburne, Maypearl, Junction, Duncanville, Corsicana, Red Oak, Buffalo, Southlake, Bartonville, Justin, Bridgeport, Jacksboro, Krugerville, Frisco, Alameda, Post Oak, Gainsville, New Hope, Telephone, Greenville, Winnsboro, Mineola

lddave=Lone Oak

FJR Bandit=VanHorn, Monahans, Benevides, Beeville, Rockport, Bayside, Bayview, Santa Rosa

euromedic=Houston, Conroe, Panorama

txbanditrydr=Pine Mills

dword=Kellyville, Longview, Redwater

EDIT: 09/17/2007
We've FINISHED IT! Thanks to all those who have participated in the initial shooting of all 92 towns in the song. It took us 8 months to the day to do this and I can't begin to imagine the miles travelled to complete such a task. And thanks to those who have submitted other "texas" pictures to be included in the video Gilk51 is creating. Now our project is in Chucks hands. (no pressure there chuck, ok?)

Very cool! :thumb: I've done a lot of them, but not all of them. Still time yet, though. ;-)

(sigh) I miss the Man in Black. :-(

somebody posted video link awhile back with this music as the background with a lot of cool m/c travel pics, but I can't find it. :shrug: I've still got the video mp3 on my home system somewhere, though and play it when I'm feeling too stuck in the suburbia rut.

I've got a copy of the song floating around on my hard drive. I've often wished I could take off and go get pics of my bike(s) in front of all the city signs.

now if I had a month off... :rider:

tx-vfr said:
I've got a copy of the song floating around on my hard drive. I've often wished I could take off and go get pics of my bike(s) in front of all the city signs.

I thought the exact same thing last year when we were playing the "alphabetical in order Town Game". Even plotted them all out. But have not even started yet. Brian Burns has alot of good songs out, even though he has yet to break into main streams top played.

Brian Burns is not only a great adapter of song, but an incredible songwriter altogether. Go and buy his 'Heavy Weather' and I dare ya to hit the [next song] - you wont be able to do it.

Seriously, he's pure greatness

This song was the theme for the last Waltz Across Texas Rally and they tried to send us to all those places!!:clap:

with all the people here lets post as many pictures of these places as we can. I would like people to name them but just pictures of close works. What would be great is the city limits sigh. Bike should be in picture.

rest stop outside Amarillo

7154549-M-2.jpg

Texarkana

72754571-M.jpg

Galveston

85314040-M.jpg

Sidewinder @ Bastrop that was a long time ago Kid blew his water pump.

123970104-M.jpg

I think this is Goliad but I am not sure bike was behind me sorry

11372619-M-1.jpg

That sounds like a cool idea. I'll go back and edit my original post by highlighting the ones that have been documented. I won't try to be a stickler for authenticity, so it'll be the honor system. As the pictures come in to the thread, the first page list will be updated.

I've got a few I can post too this evening...
~m

I particpated in the Team Strange I 've Been Everywhere Tour several years ago that used the towns from J. Cash's song.
I been thinking of visiting the towns in the Burn's song this year.

I counted 91 cities and towns mentioned in the song. I've been to or through 35 of them. Hmmmm, looks like I still have some ridin' to do...:rider:

Well today started out at about 39*F, but it was beautiful out so I just figured I'd try to knock some more off the 'list' in the song on page 1. I left Austin about 9:30 and headed out HWY71, then 183S and across FM812 through Elroy and then hit 21 to Cedar Creek.

cedarcreek.jpg

From there, I stayed on 21, then hopped on HWY71 to Bastrop. Since there wasn't a city limits sign, I figured a post office would do just fine.

bastrop.jpg

From Bastrop, I stayed on HHY71 to Smithville where I stopped for a cup of coffee and a chicken fried steak at "The Caboose". It was pretty good along with the fried okra and mashers. Mmmmmm.... :eat:

smithville.jpg

After fueling and my belly full, I left Smithville on FM153, then FM 2239 to Giddings where I made a wrong turn and continued North on US77 until I hit Hwy 21 where I headed East and caught FM141 down to Dime Box.

dimebox.jpg

I stayed on FM141 back to Giddings to find the error of my ways seeing where I should have turned. I hopped on 290 towards Paige and hooked it South on Hwy21 down to Bastrop and backtracked back to Austin.

Overall what a beautiful day to get some miles in. :rider:

So,what did YOU do today? If you hit any of the remaining towns, post 'em up!

A Kansas Guzzi rider takes some great shots, and used the
man in blacks' music to put it all together.
He often rides down into Texas.
Has over 200K on a California II
Link here http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=4264.0

The same guy does theme photo albums from his 30 years of riding.
Grain silos,
Barn,
Gas stations, etc.
Interesting stuff, in a historical kind of way.
He also has done some nice things on his trip to Italy last year.
Link to his website is at the bottom of the Wildguzzi thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back