PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Rocket lll

snuffcityrider
01-17-2007, 10:00 PM
I've had my bike for 3 months now and have about 3,000 miles on it. So far it's been a great ride. I guess my only complaint is that there is a small amount of vibration that comes through the right grip that makes my hand numb from time to time. But if your looking for a large cruiser that will purr at 100 with room to spare, this may be the bike for you.:dude:

Boxercup Dave
01-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Looks like a fun bike. Have a triumph Trophy here.

May want to try grip puppies to help reduce vibration. I plan on getting a set myself.

Like on BMW about them

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=3997

Link regarding place that sells them.

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GPLARGE&Category_Code=Hand-Cont

Calgary-Yogi
01-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Nice looking bike. I just could not get my head around the engine size, so got myself a SpeddMaster. Got 63 miles on it. I picked it up last Thursday night, rode it Friday then the weather hit.

whoa
01-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Thats a bad boy. I can't spell that many ccs. Were you riding Triumph before?

snuffcityrider
01-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Nice looking bike. I just could not get my head around the engine size, so got myself a SpeddMaster. Got 63 miles on it. I picked it up last Thursday night, rode it Friday then the weather hit.

Love the Speed Master, I'd like to have one... the Rlll ate all my allowance! Where did you get your Triumph? Got mine in Waco.

snuffcityrider
01-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Thats a bad boy. I can't spell that many ccs. Were you riding Triumph before?

Yes, I had the America for about 4 months. Loved the bike, just needed a little bigger bike for 2 up travel. My America didn't like cold weather starts, how's your bike do?

whoa
01-19-2007, 09:49 AM
My America didn't like cold weather starts, how's your bike do?

I don't ride two up, so the Thruxton is perfect. Mine doesn't seem to be cold natured, but I am. Have you seen the pics and videos of the RIII doing wheelies? Thats a lot of bike to toss around.

Squidward
01-19-2007, 11:36 AM
I love love love love love the Rocket III. Mark(igo-wfo on here) talked me into riding one at a demo day in 05. I was hesitant due to being rather short and the fact that the RIII is a big ole scooter. Man, you couldn't chisel that grin from my face. If I were in the market for a big cruiser, there is no question as to what I'd choose.

snuffcityrider
01-19-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't ride two up, so the Thruxton is perfect. Mine doesn't seem to be cold natured, but I am. Have you seen the pics and videos of the RIII doing wheelies? Thats a lot of bike to toss around.
Yes I have and your right. If you ever see one on the rode doing a wheelie you can rest assured it's not mine:trust:

Calgary-Yogi
01-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Got the Speedie at British USA here in Houston.
One of the British mags last year had some guy scrapping his license plate on a RIII, amazing.

rickmillertx
02-09-2007, 02:31 PM
They look awesome. I have a couple of questions. Does the big engine show any torque issues since it is longitudinally mounted? Do you find yourself looking for chances to pass a cage? I would imagine my thoughts "Oh boy, a chance to roll on the throttle and blow past this guy!"

snuffcityrider
02-09-2007, 05:31 PM
They look awesome. I have a couple of questions. Does the big engine show any torque issues since it is longitudinally mounted? Do you find yourself looking for chances to pass a cage? I would imagine my thoughts "Oh boy, a chance to roll on the throttle and blow past this guy!"
Have not noticed any torque issues (except that there is plenty to go round), and yes I do look forward to passing. 70 to 100mph in a blink.:rider:

Squidward
02-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Rocket III in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTj3SB9OF-Q

Tracker
02-11-2007, 08:27 PM
or another name for the video: How to bob a Rocket a 1/4 inch at a time.