• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Krause Springs in Spicewood

Reaction score
Has anyone on here ever camped at Krause Springs in Spicewood? Spicewood is probably 30 miles west of Austin on 71. I have heard of Krause Springs for probably 25 years, but have never been there. Everything I have ever heard about this place makes it sound wonderful. My church has a camping group and we are meeting this Sunday afternoon to put together the 2007 schedule. I plan to try and persuade them to camp at Krause Springs.

I am hoping someone on here can confirm the wonderful things I have heard over the years. I would hate to convince them to go there and it turns out to be less than I have heard.

Krause rivals Hamilton Pool in some respects...:thumb:

not sure about camping details, but on a hot HOT day,
the pools cannot be beat!

weekdays are less crowded, naturally.

it's a great private camp ground. it's been years since I camped there, but I remember it was clean and the swimming was great.

We've been there several times. If you have any specific questions post them. It is a wonderful place. The owners have a fantastic piece of land. On parts of it you can't throw a stick without hitting a spring. I wonder about your group size though. The swimming pool and swimming hole are both fairly small. The facilities are "rustic".

We are going to be camping at Krause Springs the weekend of May 18th. We usually have 4-6 families at one of these things so our group is not huge. I am really looking forward to it after all of you wonderful comments.

Back