• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wild West Honda Kawasaki BMW, Katy (west of Houston)

HouFJR

Reaction score
Who:
Wild West Honda Kawasaki BMW
22515 Katy Fwy.
Katy, Texas 77450
281-392-8850 (switchboard)
281-392-8940 (service)
www.wildwesthonda.com

What:
Perhaps the best big shop in the Houston area, with a great selection of Honda and BMW, and a good selection of Kawasaki. Good prices on used bikes; quite a few sport tourers are found here.

The parts and accessory department is particularly noteworthy. Great selection of helmets (including the hard to find Schuberth) and protective clothing. Truly knowledgable staff; Lance and Bob seem to be able to answer any question. Pricing is very good, and they've been known to be even more competitive when you become a regular customer.

Where:
From Houston, Take I-10 West to the Hwy 99 exit; U-Turn and Wild West is about a half mile up on the feeder.

Comments:
I live by the Loop in Houston, and there are a dozen closer shops. But I make the ride to Katy; Wild West is that good.

The one time I visited this shop I was in a rush, but I wanted to just try a few things on and browse.
I was impressed with the selection of clothing and gear on hand, although I would have liked to see more in Women's sizes/styles. That is an issue most shops have, so it isn't to say these guys are in the wrong.

Prices were in line with MSRP on almost everything that I was looking at.

I think I am gonna have a stroke... Someone actually followed the posting guidelines for this forum :rofl

Dude, you made my day! :chug:

Adios,

I'm thrilled to find this site; it's a tremendous resource. The least I can do is contribute and follow the guidelines.

I picked up a few things at WildWest today, and was happy to find out (by accident) that my AMA membership gets a 10% discount!

Don't forget to bring your membership card with you to get the discount.

Honest Service Department too.

I replaced my own clutch cable.

Several weeks later I broke down with no clutch and stupidly assume that the clutch had failed nstead of the obvious I goofed.

Wild West made the correct adjustments and got it back to me after one working day for only $65 labor which I am sure is the minimum.

I'm a regular there. For do-it-yourselfer's, the svc dept also swaps valve shims for free!

The service department is tops in my book. Competent and reasonable. They will stay on an issue until it is fixed. Only downside is the same everywhere. They do not keep the customer informed of progress on longer term issues. you have to call them. They do return calls which is refreshing.

I can't say I've had the same experience. Pinched the valve cover gasket on my K1200RS. In less than 2 miles my feet/shoes/sox/pants were soaked in oil. I live in Kingwood and it's a LONG way down there. They were not even apologetic (I realize anybody can make a mistake) and told me they'd try to get back on it in a day or two !!!

I went to the GM and he forced the service folks to do the right thing, but nobody ever apologized or offered to clean me or the bike up !!!

The parts dept ordered BMW accessories for me, but 2 out 3 times they got the wrong part because they had entered the wrong bike. Again, it's a LONG way ... they didn't offer to ship it to the house or do anything.

North Houston kicked their rear until Joe Krebs left. Now, they too seem to be sliding into the "taken for granted" mode. Almost enough to make you buy a Suzuki or Yamaha !!! :-D

Back