• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July weekend

Reaction score
What a nice little weekend, after a week and a half of rain the sun came out and I headed down to Bastrop. Nice ride down the backroads out through Hico, and then down and across through Temple and and down 95 to Bastrop.

The 4th is my Pop's birthday, 75th this year, and we had little family party and popped some fireworks and had beer and bbq.

Came back through Meridian, got to meet the local chief of police there. I stopped for some gas, something cold to drink and a cigarette, over on the side of a little store in the shade, and the local cop car pulls up from behind the store a couple feet from me in front of my front wheel and I gave em a nod, and they sat there for a couple minutes just lookin at me.

Just about the time I start to get a little nervous about this situation they get out and say "We were just trying to decide whether we were going to haul you in so we could ride your bike for a while" and start laughing. Turns out they were both bikers :chug: Gold wingers, well he said he got too old and sold his recently.

Sat around for a few minutes talking about my mesh jacket, gold wings, my pretty non harley looking windshield and some motorcycle airbag suit I hadn't heard of and what have ya till I finished whatever weird tasting energy drink I was drinking, mounted up and rode on out.

Good thing he wasn't shooting radar outside of town though :twisted: I spent most of the trip testing a cure to a slight high speed wobble the bike has had when I hit grooves or bumps at over 80 and a new sport bike windshield I cobbled on the bike last week which were both working out just dandy I must say, especially with a nice tailwind. And not a single radar cop all the way there and all the way home with great light traffic. :-D

Anyway hope everyone else had good weekend..

That brings up a good question. Is there some universal hand signal to tell oncoming riders of a cop behind me?

There was a DPS officer yesterday on 1093, under a tree between fulshear and simonton.

Met a couple of riders, flashed lights and pointed behind me. They just waved.

I have seen a signal like patting the top of your head/helmet as a signal for a cop being ahead.

I don't know where that signal originated from.

Left arm, palm down, patting the top of the helmet. This is the most widely recognized sign.

Adios,

Back