• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hyper-lites Impressions

Reaction score
First Name
JD
Last Name
Evans
Installed a Hyper-Lite auxiliary LED brake light yesterday afternoon on my lightly farkled V-Strom. WOW, what a difference it seemed to make on this morning's commute. I chose not to clip the green wire that would make the light flash for five seconds and then go solid, instead they flash continually. I also installed the wires so the the LEDs per the instruction to provide continual power an allow the Hyper-lites to be an additional tail marker.

Each time a cager started getting close enough to be sniffing my exhaust, I gently applied the brakes. Each time the cagers would drop WAY back, as if the lights had caught them by surprise. The lights are quite bright, and since I commute mostly in the dark, the effect is that much better.

Install time 35 minutes if you install it yourself. One hour plus if a non-riding family member asks lots of questions. 4 out of 5 on ease of install. Instructions are straightforward, with a couple of pictures that meet your needs. I opted to drill a small hole in the "V" rear section just about the license plate light assembly. Made for a nice looking install and set the Hyper-lites tight against the "fender". No problem with water pooling up behind the lights, and a dab of permatex keeps the inner "fender" where the wiring resides nice and dry.

Last edited:
I like them, too. I installed them on our bikes and it's a great addition, IMO. I use the flashing feature since I already have taillight modulators, though.

Right on, Ghost Rider. I put them on my STeed and I'd say it's the best money spent on a farkle, yet. The cagers do indeed notice when those red LEDs start flashing :trust:

Ok all, I will need a little help... This week I will make a short video clip of me riding towards the camera and then on past, showing what I am doing to increase my visability to other motorist. Hopefully it will show how a set of PIAA lights and a hyper-lite can increase the physical signature of a bike.

What is necessary to add a short video to a post? is it just the "paperclip" for attachments?

TX-VFR,

I'll post the pics on TWTEX and the short video on one of the sites you suggested. Thanks for the info.

GR,

If this doesn't work, You can email the files to me & I'll make them available & send you the link.
Just use cgibke (at) compuserve.com

:mrgreen:

Thanks Gilk. We should have something to post by Sunday. I'll see if I can get it accomplished before then, but the weather report for tomorrow and Friday seemed "iffy".

Here's a video I just shot of mine out in the garage. As you can see, I didn't cut the green wire either.

Click on the image to view the movie:

th_MVI_0001.jpg

The Videos are posted on a thread called Standard Vs. HiVis comparison. Big thanks to TX-VFR and Gilk 51 for providing info. There are four videos depicting what gear might be seen on the street. Not Hollywood quality, but it is enough to see if HiVis gear is of any assistance.

Back