• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How 'Bout Them Bears!

thumper

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
tim
Yea they got their butts kicked and I made a few.:clap:

We managed to sneak in a ride. First hard ride of the season.:trust:

HPIM0490.jpg

The trails were perfect. Nice and tacky. I couldn't ask for a better ride...two DRZ's itching to tear it up. It was definetly a little soupy in some spots.:rider:

HPIM0492.jpg

Twong and I both knew we would have to cross the swamp. All the more fun!

HPIM0493.jpg

HPIM0494.jpg

We rolled up on our usual crossing and it was a no-go. Three foot deep w/o the mud and DRZ's take way too long to dry out.:eek2:

HPIM0496.jpg

So we wandered through the swamp looking for a better crossing. It's each man for himself. Pick your line and pick it well.;-)

HPIM0500.jpg

HPIM0498.jpg

Well today I picked wrong.:lol2: The swamp cosumes all and really doesn't care if your running a Teraflex.:trust:

HPIM0503.jpg

Twong opted for the "girly" way around this section and I dove straight in. He was grumbling as he hiked back to the carnage. "What are you stuck?"...."Yea, I'm stuck good"

05040520.jpg

"What a mess! Did you forget how to ride?"..."Shut up and help me out"

HPIM0503.jpg

Little did he know a mile up the trail the hard pack would put him down, put him down hard! Seems he didn't spy the patch of red clay and hit hard at speed. By the time I figured somethings up and turned back, he was up and zinging past me. Twong is elusive and knows I'm quick w/ the camera.:rofl:

Once through the swamp, we rode fast as we dare. We rolled up on "Outlaw-Bubba's" deer stand. He must of hit the lotto last year. Seems he made some improvements..painted rails and a new chair.:rofl:

HPIM0506.jpg

Bubba and I have shared these trails for years. We've never met and I would like to keep it that way. It's pretty simple...when he starts throwing corn I stop coming 'round. I'll give 'em 2 weeks after season before I'll come back. Yea he's still hunting.:eek2: It's great to co-exsist...redneck style.:lol2:

There were alot of fast sections but I only had time to take pics of the tuff ones. Bubba really ticks me off when he leaves his corn buckets layin' round.:-P

HPIM0507.jpg

We peeled off on the way home. I snapped this pic. It was a pretty day. We drag raced across this bridge on the way out. Both of us banging off the rev limiters.Top of 4th gear Twong had me by 6 lengths. Both DRZ's w/ 3x3 and 140mj. Guess it was my Teraflex not to mention the 40lb rider difference:rofl: Man! I gotta lay off the cheesepuffs.:lol2:

HPIM0511.jpg

I was ready for the cleanup.:sun:

05180519.jpg

I was really worried about my co-pilot. Seems like he took some pretty hard hits today. He might of met his demise.:-(

HPIM0521.jpg

Nope, he's still there much to the dismay of Twong.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HPIM0522.jpg

Looks like I missed,aahh,a good one.Love this Texas weather!!!Maybe no rain for a week in a row now.

you have a bad habit of getting your bike REALLY stuck....

:rider:

looks like ya' had a blast....

bullfrog said:
you have a bad habit of getting your bike REALLY stuck....

Hey...wait a second, I've only REALLY stuck it 4 or 5 times since I've owned it.:lol2: It can get tuff. All the heave/hoeing uses up lots of energy.:rofl: Twong had once suggested I mount an ATV winch on it. But that's okay, I've seen him down to the skidplate more than once.:rofl:

Looks like fun other than having to drag a bike out from the grips of that mud. That's what makes it interesting though.

Yea, extraction is an art within it's self. The DRZ was rocked and pried onto it's side then stood up beside the hole. Rode it straight ahead with a little more finesse this time.:eek2:

BTW, a rack on a DS is more than a commodity, it's an essential tool. Those that have been in these situations can relate to the importance.:doh: Wading around in the quagmire sure helps when you can grab it. :rofl: So it's not something just to tote stuff on. At least not in this neck of the woods.:lol2:

I always carry a 13' rachet strap and a 20' tow line. If there's a tree within grasp... all's well. Rachet, break suction, repeat, repeat, oh the fun...[especially solo].Course we could always call the girls in with the ATV recovery units.... Oh the shame.:roll: I came close once during the August heat on my DR, but regained my senses. I am eternially grateful to my persistance.:bow:

Enjoyed the report, how long did it take you to get all that mud out of every crevas?

dbdolan said:
Enjoyed the report, how long did it take you to get all that mud out of every crevas?

'Bout 3 bucks worth.:sun:

When mark buried his old 94 650L up to the axle, we had to pull him out with a truck and a tow strap. When he and I tried to dig him out, we weren't strong enough and there wasn't much to hold on to. It is impossible to pull a bike out of the mud, when you are standing in the mud.

Not if you got Greasemonkey to help.:lol2: Check the new post.

Back