• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dirtbike Ministry Startup

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Over the past year I've been working with some riding friends and we've been slowly getting organized to start a Christian oriented dirt bike riding group in the central Texas area. Over the last couple of months everything has fallen into place as we have worked and prayed about it. Our first ride of the year is coming up this weekend and I'd appreciate some prayers for success and safety. Our plan is to have fun on monthly weekend rides that are safe, wholesome, and family oriented, then have a monthly group fellowship during the week.

We figure to organize a dual sport ride or two also during the year. Right Cloudcroft in May is in the works.

Anyway, we would love to have anybody interested along, but could really use prayers from everybody.

thanks,

Sounds great! Will definitely keep you in mind ;-)

I'll keep you in my prayers--I've been leaning toward doing a similar ministry with street riders in the Round Rock/Georgetown area.

sounds like a good idea, I'll add ya'll to my prayer list.

Interesting prayer request! I'll pray that ya'll are successful. Sounds like fun, too!

Great idea!

I saw someones signature on advrider.com that said....

"I'd rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God, than being in church thinking about my motorcycle." :trust:

It just stayed with me.

Well, the first ride went off well. Weather was in the mid 50's and the sun kept popping out. The traction was great and we had no injuries. We also met a guy out riding that want to start riding with us. He was glad to find a family oriented group and was impressed that we had two 14 year old girls out with us. In fact, they were the only kids to make the trip.

Anyway, thanks for the prayers.

97Octane said:
Great idea!

I saw someones signature on advrider.com that said....

"I'd rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God, than being in church thinking about my motorcycle." :trust:

It just stayed with me.

Motorcycling is my mountain top experience. I spend a great deal of my time on the bike thinking about God, praying, hoping it won't hurt real bad when I finally land... :flip: It's primarily a solo experience though. It is the community aspect of the experience that I enjoy about going to church. It helps having a good church ;-)

Gilk51 said:
Good news. How many folks participated?

We had 8 adults and 2 teenagers. Not bad considering the weather forecast. We were out several teenagers because of a church outing, the weather cost us some spouses and the younger kids.

We did meet a nice guy out there and he is going to start riding with us. He has 3 kids and a wife that ride some, but just haven't found friends for the kids to ride with so he is excited they will have fun with us.

One of the spring rides last year we had more than 30 bikes, plus some non-riders. The next couple of months we will get more folks out as the weather gets nice.

What a great idea, we'll pray that the group grows and spreads the "Word"

We definitely need more good examples for our kids to see in the motorcycle world.

Back