• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Red River enduro April 15th

Reaction score
Anyone else gonna ride it? I think I have backspinn talked in to it but would welcome any other TWT enduro newbies to come join the fun.:rider:

After reading this thread over on ADVrider http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79886&highlight=cycleland I decieded I wanted to beat the heck out of my 43 year old out of shape body :loco: So I signed up for the class c short loop, I dont plan on timekeeping my goal is to not hour out and not :puke: in my helmet.

I figure since I ride RR about 10 times a year I may have some home course advantage but really dont know what to expect. So does anyone have any advice for a first time enduro newbie?

Good for you! The first enduro I ever rode was at Red River last year. It was a very memorable experience. :trust: From that point on, I was hooked. Now I am trying to run the full 2007 TSCEC schedule.

Here are a few tips/suggestions that I have picked up after running a few enduros:

Check out this page:

http://www.blackjackenduro.com/Basics.asp

It has a number of good links that will help explain the enduro format in great detail.

One of the most basic ways to keep time is to let the other riders do it for you. Most likely someone on your starting row will have a computer. just ride with them, not ahead of them as long as you can. When they ride slow, you ride slow; when they stop, you stop.

When a faster rider is behind you, just move off to the side as best you can so they can get by you. Don't be surprised if they hoot and holler to let you know they are back there. This is normal and not considered rude. You will be shocked at how quick some of the fast guys pass you and then disappear.

Red River has a large variety of terrain, but most of the enduro course will be run through the tight trees. There will be a few transfer sections that run through a couple of the open fields, but most of the course will be in the tight trees.

Bring a roll of duct tape with you. You will need to tape your scorecard, which is provided, to your front fender before the race. The tape is also good for making a # plate that shows your starting row # on it.

Bring a gas can. There will be a gas stop roughly 25-30 miles into the race. Last year, the gas stop was in the camp area.

When you register, you will have the chance to request your starting row. Everyone has their personal preference on where they like to start. The AA riders, which are SUPER fast start in the 30's. If you do not want to have to deal with these guys passing you, request a later row in the 40'2 or 50's. With the later rows, you do not have to deal with tons of passing traffic, but the course usually gets REAL chewed up after several hundred riders have been through it.

Then main thing to remember is to have fun!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

tp

instead of a sharpie on duct tape for your number plate, I use a stencel on clear contact paper, then cover it with another piece of contact paper. The contact paper(film) removes easy, (unlike duct tape) for the next event. It also looks a thousand percent better than duct tape ..... 54D was from the sidewinder .....

DSCN0808.jpg

Back