• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CrossBar Ranch - Davis Oklahoma

tx246

Reaction score
on I 35 north of the Texas border. Just north of Ardmore. the city of Davis owns this 5-6000 acre ranch. it is being developed for recreation. right now, they are interested in promoting off road. As of right now, they have 40 miles of marked one way trail. terrain is most definitely intermediate. most of it is narrow two track. lots of rock, but there are some nice sections that dont. lots of elevation and water crossings on the north side. as of right now, it costs 10.00 for the day. google CrossBar Ranch for phone. it is open 7 days a week as they have an on site manager (brad). call him as you get within a couple miles and he will meet you at the parking area to get your money.

if you like challenging terrain and marked trails, this place is for you. i dont recommend it for newbies. the trails are doable on a dualsport also if you are experienced and dont mind slowing the pace a bit. i should qualify that by saying a dual sport that you dont mind laying down and is dirt worthy....a big bmw would be no fun. because the trail is laid out one way, you rarely see anybody else on the trail besides your group.

It's a nice place. The ranch manager is super nice as long as you follow the rules which we did.
The 20 mile north side has some deep water crossings and several elevation changes. It's tight in some parts. It also has some bike and man eating trees we lost a front fender and a riding jacket.
The 14 mile south loop is easy with no elevation changes, it does have rocks but they are all planted in the dirt and don't move.

It's definitely worth the trip up there.

fastmonstr said:
I have heard about that place. It's next to Turner Falls. I bet it's a nice place.

I think it's time to plan a trip there.

Always wanted to check out Turner falls ,I'm interested.Camping only or is there civilization nearby.Whoops,saw there's cabins in the park.

I rode an enduro up there last fall. It is a great property that has tons of potential for new trail. Some of the water crossings can get deep after a rain.

Cheers,

tp

scott,

turner falls USED to be a great family camping area but sadly it has been overrun and overused.....not recommended. at crossbar, they have parking on a bare 100 acre hilltop with no amenities aside for some portapottys.

A view from the top of one of the hills thanks to Photojojo 6/16/07

163724117-M.jpg

Back