• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Graham and Breckenridge flood

Reaction score
Well lets see as I stated in an earlier thread,,, we had planned to deliver the FatherinLaws boat to Graham and do some riding soooo,,,,,
Saturday resulted in the following:
Her bike, new chain , new sprockets, new rear fender/hugger installed the footpeg risers(special thanks to squeaky she loves em) threw on the new Gel seat. My bike well it got new rear brakes and chain and sprokets. Down to Maries work and purchased a pair of Canyon Dancer tie down harnesses loaded everything by this time it was pretty late so we called Saturday off with plans to leave early Sunday. Well imagine my surprise when the thunder woke me at 5:30 am. Yeah it was raining so hard I couldn't see across the street!. 7:00 am we roll out, oops make that 8:00am forgot to change the clocks! We finally got out of the storm east of Abilene and it was smooth sailing all the way to Graham. we arrived had time to look the new house over drink a Coke and then out to unload the bikes. Within 5 minutes of the bikes hitting the pavement it was raining!:giveup: OK so it didn't FLOOD but it was enough to keep us SPORTBIKERS off the road.
We got up Monday to more of the same so we loaded them back in the truck and headed home:rant: and of course it cleared up around Breckenridge. On the positive side I made a great discovery
MOTORCYCLES UNLIMITED.
On highway 351 about 7 miles north of the interstate is a Motorcycle wrecking yard and this guy named Walt Portlock owns it. It has tons of OLD stuff in it from the late 60's 70's and even some newer modern stuff he gave me the quickee tour and it was like a two wheeled Disneyland amoung things I remember seeing a KZ1000 Kawasaki cop bike an RL250 trials bike 2 EML(?) fairings from late 60's Laverda's a few Moto Guzzi's several parted 80's and 90's SportBikes a nice looking hardtail chopper frame hanging from the rafters
yeah I could have spent hours there just window shopping but I had to get home for my wife's birthday dinner at her Lebanonese Grandmothers with Shiskabobs and Hummus and Lebanese salad and well thats another story all together but we will be going back to Walt for some more shopping/sight seeing and I'm allready trying to figure if those fairings will fit the TD1 and the RD60 that I'm building,,,
I guess FM 4 will have to wait till later in the year.
SRAD

I got excited when you said Breckenridge flood; my dad lives on Hubbard Creek lake and could sure use the water.

Back