• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

R1150GS on the Isle of Man

Fun to watch. His lane discipline could be better, but it is a racetrack, after all.

:rolleyes:

Only race track in the world where you can pull over mid race and drink a beer at a pub, or buy a loaf of bread to take back to your camper for lunch.:rofl:

I would have thought the lanes would be too narrow for a boxer and you might knock a cylinder off on one of those walls or something. :rofl:

I'm afraid I wouldn't last very long over there what with everyone driving on the wrong side of the road. Wife and I went to the Bahamas 15 years ago and I nearly got run over first time I started to cross a street.:eek2: Kept having to tell myself, "LOOK BOTH WAYS, STUPID!"

Ever found an IOM thread that you didn't troll? If you don't like the vid, you could just move on to another.

Let's try not to get this tired old debate started again, please.

Nice vid BTW.

I got used to driving on the other side pretty quick when we went to OZ.
the only thing that gave me probs was pulling out of car parks on the correct side..

He canes that GS pretty good. It looks like he's passing some sort of Duc 748/916 on the straightaway at the 8:50 mark.

Ain't trollin'. You're just touchy. We've already hashed this one out already.

I got used to driving on the other side pretty quick when we went to OZ.
the only thing that gave me probs was pulling out of car parks on the correct side..

I don't know if I could EVER get used to it. We spent a week in the Bahamas and I still got a pulse up with every cab ride. :rofl: And, I mean, you expect 'em to do everything backwards down under, right? :rofl:

Oh, btw, this thread reminds me for those that care and didn't know, I heard they shoved the wall down with a big dozer at TWS T8B. T8B has run off, now, and TWS has become a better place to ride. Took 'em long enough. TWS management is about the worst there is, I reckon. But, maybe I'll have to do a track day up there sometime now.

</hijack>

Jack Giesecke said:
Ain't trollin'. You're just touchy. We've already hashed this one out already.
Yes we have. Let it go Jack; let it go. :doh:

I couldn't watch the whole thing... I guess I'm getting old... :)

You have to get past the first two minutes. You think his speedo was kmph or mph? Highest I saw 140 (I think) that's only 86 mph.

By my seat of pants calculation he was doing 120 at the fastest in mph. Based on my rememberance of what my speedo looks like at speed and my knowledge of how fast a GS will go . ;)

I too was disappointed that our hero didn't maintain his lane. Sometimes for no apparent reason. It's easy to go around a corner on a public road if you use both sides of the stripe. But the squid he terrorized and then passed deserved to be put in his place for his hairball pass on our GS hero.

I have info that says that's Paul Young atop the GS. I've no proof, nor have I tried to verify it.

Dave

dukey33 said:
I have info that says that's Paul Young atop the GS. I've no proof, nor have I tried to verify it.

Dave

Looks like the proof is in this thread: Paul Young on 1150GS

And here's the bike:

As a summary, it's chipped, has a K&N, R1100S inlets, Adv tank & screen, Hyperpro shocks, R1100 alloys & BT020's (with corrected speedo). Other than that it's pretty much standard except for a few cosmetics
paul_youngs_bmw.jpg

So you've got @ 90 rear-wheel hp, uprated suspension, 17" wheels w/ street rubber, and a good rider who's very familiar with the road. 'Nuff said. ;-)

Photojojo said:
You have to get past the first two minutes. You think his speedo was kmph or mph? Highest I saw 140 (I think) that's only 86 mph.

It would have to be a mod-ed 1150GS to hit 140mph. Cool video....

Back