• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin area

Reaction score
Antone riding Saturday nite or Sunday in the Austin area? we are riding out to Luckenbach Sunday morning but thats about all we have planned till Monday afternoon
SRAD

Several hundred other folks are headed to Luckenbach...the Wood's Fun Center ride leaves at 9:00 am.

Looks like I won't make it, didn't get book shelves painted today :doh:

Then the wifey decided to start trimming palms and trees, and of course it's all left on the sidewalk for me to deal with tomorrow :angryfire

Chirpy said:
didn't get book shelves painted today
Wish I'd seen this. Too humid to paint today.

We were supposed to do Devil's Backbone, but with the lack of sunshine, just did a shorter 1431 loop instead. Better day for riding than painting.

WOW!
Great ride pace was a little slow for my taste, but then it was misty and damp. When we get back home I'll post pics
SRAD

Well it was misty and damp on the trip about a 2 hour ride with speeds averaging around 50mph due to damp roads and unknown riders. The long way out to LuckenBach through Blanco and Sisterdale down a bunch of killer 2 lane stuff I lost count of road names. here's a few pics
The first stop in Blanco
DCFC0122.jpg

DCFC0123.jpg

MRS SRAD
DCFC0124.jpg

DCFC0125.jpg

DCFC0126.jpg

DCFC0127.jpg

SRAD

This may be my favorite custom gas tank of all time,,,, wonder if that effect the volume/range much?!:rofl:
DCFC0128.jpg

Two notes here it was actually much WORSE than the pic looks and yes he DID ride it that way!

The group in Luckenbach where we were served FREE burgers, HotDogs, Chips and soda pop by Woods Fun Center of Austin(VERY nice people) The weather cleared enough for the constant drizzle to stop and everyone to eat comfortably
DCFC0129.jpg

DCFC0132.jpg

My 1/2 of the Heavy Metals team(me Gold GSXR her Copper SV650S)
DCFC0131.jpg

OOPS! I guess I should paint that lower!
DCFC0129.jpg

Us mugging it up at the Post Office
DCFC0130.jpg

Mrs SRAD in action oh and some other riders
DCFC0135.jpg

A few road pics on the way back into Austin,
DCFC0133.jpg

Hey I'm NOT a master of 1 handed picks while riding 70mph in a group
DCFC0134.jpg

DCFC0137.jpg

All in all a great day and a great ride
Once again thanks to Woods Fun Center of Austin for putting this together!
SRAD

Looks like fun. FM 1888 out of Blanco to Luckenbach is maybe my favorite road around here, along with Hamilton Pool road out to Round Mountain and beyond.

SRADkneedragger said:
This may be my favorite custom gas tank of all time,,,, wonder if that effect the volume/range much?!:rofl:

Hey, that's CBRDave. He constantly complains that Austin has been ruined for the working man by all the danged laptop toting Starbucks drinking yuppies. :eek2:

He has a point.

Nah I just got tired of the local drama and politics and riding straight flat roads! We took 2 weekends off in a row to go where there were some twisties! I think we will be home this weekend
SRAD

rc51eviltwin said:
ridesmart trackday the 26th for me.:zen: :rider: :zen: :rider: :zen: :rider:
this may mark the end of my street riding........
on sportbikes anyways:yawn:
Whats that suppose to mean? and where were you last weekend, We had a good ride to the buckhorn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Mike

SRADkneedragger said:
Nah I just got tired of the local drama and politics ...SRAD

Yeah, the OSB message board is deader than disco. All the infighting and dramas have pretty much destroyed the core group. The only significant participants left are a few of the veteran riders. The rest of the posters are noobs hoping to get their first bikes this Spring, and then the usual non-rider groupies who gum-up the thread count with 10-year old email jokes and other off-topic garbage. Oh well.

We need to get another Ft. Davis trip together pretty soon. The weather is perfect down there right now.

LO_leo2.jpg

Back