• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cycle Ranch MX Park.

Reaction score
I got a chance to ride Cycle Ranch yesterday. One word. Awesome.
If you haven’t gotten a chance to ride there you owe it to yourself to go and check it out.

They had a lot of rain at the end of last week so a small loop of the track was still being worked on. But the main track is like 1.7 miles long. :eek2: Shoot I’ve been to road tracks that aren’t that long.

Burned two gallons or so of fuel in about four hours. Can hardly walk today.
Makes me happy to see that there is a track like that in Texas.

I also got a chance to see where the would have been SuperMoto track was suppose to be put in. I got first hand word that the financial backer bailed on the track owner after they cleared the trees.

Ron the track manager gave me the world-class tour. Great guy. The folks down San Antonio way sure are friendly.

Some of those young 20-year-old riders weren’t playing fair on the big track. Someone should tell them that it isn’t right to roost your elders.:rofl:

I had an opportunity to race there last year and had a blast.
I practiced on Saturday and saw a guy compound fracture both arms on the two doubles near the road. I had done those doubles once and after seeing that I rolled them every time.
I raced 2 races that day that were 5-6 laps each and it totally wore me out.
That track is one of the best I have ever been on, huge natural elevations and national pro quality.
I also liked the race shop, camp sites and the showers made for a great weekend I will always remember.

I will be back but no more racing for me.

Yeah all the jumps are now-consequential tabletops. I mean some cover some distance but safe nonetheless.
It was great taking a shower before heading to pick up the wife. She did appreciate the shower more than me.:eek2:

I didn’t get a chance to checkout the Pro shop but from what I heard it is top notch.:rider:

Back