• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph Trophy V's Suburban

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Allen
Sadly, the Trophy lost. He pulled out in front of me this morning in Rockwall. A truck was turning into the strip mall he came out off. When I got upto the truck, he was infront of me. I had just reached 40mph and hit the brakes with about a car's length to go.

First thing I felt was my waist hitting the tank, then, my face hitting the front of my helmet, then I was on the ground.

I did not want, and could not see my bike at this point. Just the headlight cover in front of me. Gas and oil were leaking. I still don't know how my bike is, but to say I'm upset is an understatement.

Had some x-ray's done and everything's fine. Left shoulder, left knee and groin area are a little tender, We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Everyone at the hospital was thanking me for wearing a helmet, even Dr TOUCHY!! :rofl:

I don't know when I'll ride again, but I am looking forward to it, just like when I hav'nt ridden for a few days, and Thursday's meet & greet comes around.

See you Thursday, in the cage!

Man, good that you suffered nothing major. I've lost several friends in the same situation.

Did the truck block the Suburban's view of you? If I'm next to a vehicle I can't see over or through, I don't pass at a driveway or intersection. I'll slow down and stay beside it until it turns off and I can see the way is clear. Slowing down kind of makes the people behind me angry, but they can always vent to whomever they are talking to on the cell phone.

Give ya a discount on that Schuberth if you're interested :mrgreen: Glad you're in one piece and still with us.

Glad you're ok. A very similar thing happened to me the other day, but I managed (just barely) to slip by without getting t-boned. Stupid cagers.

Oh man! Sorry to hear this Mike. Hope your minor injuries heal fast. Better a broken Trophy than a broken Mike. Guess you'll have a lot to talk about Thursday.

rob

Ouch! Glad to see you're still around to tell the tale.
Didn't you get that bike just a few months ago? Hope you heal up quick.

Dave

Mike, real sorry to hear about the accident but glad you're OK! Hope the bike isn't too badly damaged and you can get things sorted out.

Mike, Glad to hear that you are okay. The bike can be fixed. That is a bummer. Most of us have been there, I am so glad you are okay! Hang in there. If you need anything you know how to contact us..
Get better soon

Jerry & Jamie

Some body buy that man's dinner thursday....

Hope for a speedy recovery.

Many, many thanks to you all for the kind words.

Just found out the driver was driving on a suspended license for a DUI. I'll get the report tomorrow and see if he has any insurance.

I'll go take a look at the bike too, and maybe get some pics.

Thanks again.

The fact that we pay for insurance and do our best to keep our licenses; yet folks are still willing to drive with no license and or insurance makes me steam. Obviously the penalties are not suffcient.

That sux. good for you for the gear. hope everything will work out..

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

I'm sorry to hear of your mishap but very glad to hear you are ok, hope you are back in saddle soon, and hope to see you Thursday.

Jackie

Boxercup Dave said:
Obviously the penalties are not suffcient.

This issue has already been beaten to death in the media. The following position summaries in no way reflect my personal views.

Mandatory prison term for no license or no insurance? Hmmm? I don't think it will work. Every ex-con I know still owns a gun (or seven), and that's illegal.

How about the electric chair? The recidivism rate would be very low. :trust:

Seriously, bleeding-heart liberals argue that increasingly severe consequences for no license/no insurance would be a disproportionate burden on lower income workers, therefore the policy would be racist (unfair to illegal immigrants who cannot afford insurance or legally obtain a license). As I understand it, many liberals' housekeepers and groundskeepers wouldn't be able to get to work if such laws were actually in place (which they are) and aggressively enforced (which they are not).

I'm still waiting for one of those politically correct bleeding heart liberals to explain exactly how to pick up a chunk of feces by the clean end.

Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you heal fast (even soreness can be tough for a while).

However, every cloud has a silver lining. Good luck on your new bike search.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, Mike. I'm VERY glad that you are okay. I am around the corner in Garland if you need any help with anything. Just holler. Take care bud and seriously, holler if you need something.

Sorry to hear about accident, So glad to hear that your gear helped you to come out of it OK :thumb: . Tragic about the Trophy though :-( . One of my personal favorites that I was considering when I got my Connie. Here's to hoping it can be put back on the street again.

IMO, the perp in this needs to be off our roads. A suspended DL because of a DUI? He's got a bad track record. He might end up seriously injuring someone, or worse. I hope he at least has insurance to take care of everything.

I know it's not your bike but Lonestar in Austin has a Trophy if you're looking for a replacement. I'm so glad that you're OK.

Back