• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Best motorcycle industry web sites?

Reaction score
Small rant here...

Being in the internet business I may be a little jaded, but to me most all cycle industry (i.e. dealers, retailers, accessory manufacturers, etc) sites suck. Most dealers use a template site from PSN and they all look and navigate the same, most ecommerce sites aren't user friendly, and most manufacturer sites look like a 3rd grader on crack made them...

Is it me or is the industry as a whole stuck in the 80's? Or am I just too close to the internet "thing" and these sites all work just fine?

Fellow riders, what motorcycle industry sites have you came across you feel look professional, navigate well, and compel you to have a favorable perception of that company? Surely I'm missing something...

(ok, rant mode off) :giveup:

I'm a web designer by trade, so I understand where you're coming from, but I've only seen a couple of industry sites that really annoy me, such as A&S Cycles. Most of them are more than adequate for my tastes.

The ones I like best are New Enough and Max BMW. But I tend to spend a lot of time at both of them, so perhaps I'm biased.

Maybe it is because a majority of those dealers are owned by the America's Powersports Group, it seems they are trying to become the Wal-Mart of motorcycle dealers, just without the low prices. Their site has the PSN logo, so it would not surprise me if they are PSN.

Last edited:
That has been my contention as well. I see it mostly on the dealer end. Very little info or generic info from a manufacturer site. Gets frustrating when trying to locate specific items. And I'm still waiting for a reply to an e-mail I sent a dealer over 2 years ago.:rofl:

Jeff

I like the suzuki site the best. It has a good balance of info on each page, has good pictures, and is easy to navigate. HD and Buell have great websites as well.

Most dealer websites aren't very good but I think the main point of them is just to show an address and contact info as they want people to browse in the store.

I have purchased a lot of gear online and thought the websites for those retailers were fine. I spend a lot of money at newenough.com, cyclegear.com, kneedraggers.com, etc

bluedogok said:
Maybe it is because a majority of those dealers are owned by the America's Powersports Group, it seems they are trying to become the Wal-Mart of motorcycle dealers, just without the low prices. Theier site has the PSN logo, so it would not surprise me if they are PSN.

Woods and CTHD :giveup: No wonder! They burn through sales people like nothing, I don't think I have seen the same people twice.

Back