• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do you ever just stare at your bike?

TWTim

Reaction score
I took this photo of the Green Meanie® last summer. I had been sent on a photo assignment near Monahans and decided to snap a few shots of my bike before the ride back to my office. It looked so cool, I just had to stand there and stare at it for a minute -- or five.

Don't laugh. You do it, too!

TimKreitz7R.jpg

wildebube said:
All the time.

+1, after that, I usually go and touch her. Not sure if I just want to caress her or want to make sure she is real. :lol2:

I dont caress her.. but i have been known to put on a lot of wax..

wax on. wax off. grasshopper.

Yes I do from time to time just stare at my bike.

Usually it is due to the fact that I was thrown off and I'm a little ticked about the situation I find myself in.......at the bottom of the creek, covered in mud and cow pies and have all kinds of stuff sticking out of my gear.

No. Never.

That's my story & I am sticking by it.

(I just peek)
:mrgreen:

+2 here some times its better if you have a cold adult beverage in your hand and a chair handy so you can truly take in the excellence.

untitled21.JPG

Glad to know I'm not the only one that just stands there and stares...;-)
She looks real pretty right after her bath and wax job.
Hey I have to get the bugs off...:bigokay:

Tim Kreitz said:
I had been sent on a photo assignment near Monahans and decided to snap a few shots of my bike before the ride back to my office.
Just what is there to take photos of near Monahans :brainsnap

My wife is from Monahans, so I have been out there enough times to realize there isn't much around there.

I don't do the wash and wax thing. I wiped it down with a wet rag before starting the 6K service last weekend and that was the first and only time. That's partly because we're still under drought restrictions and our water co-op will cut the water off for 48 hours if they catch you washing a vehicle. But mostly it's either because I'm too lazy or because I would rather spend the time riding. One of the many benefits of going over to the dark side is that dual sports look better when they're dirty. :rider:

after all, they are just playthings that soak up some of our disposable income. toys for grownups... :-P

Yeah, I stare at it from time to time and take pictures of it...

nearhill3aao8.jpg

Can you tell that I love my bike? :lol2:

My GF thinks I'm nuts when she finds me in the garage, sitting with a cold beverage, staring at the bikes. She's probably right, considering the oilhed roadsters are kinda goofy lookin'.

still staring... not getting anything done

Attachments

• my busa.JPG
    my busa.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 90
Heck, I've got a large picture of my Concours hanging inmy office, just so I can stare at it.

Tim Kreitz said:
I took this photo of the Green Meanie® last summer. I had been sent on a photo assignment near Monahans and decided to snap a few shots of my bike before the ride back to my office. It looked so cool, I just had to stand there and stare at it for a minute -- or five.

Don't laugh. You do it, too!

TimKreitz7R.jpg

I tried it but it seem to make the bike very nervous.

Hey Tim, how are ya..... PM me if you get a chance. Refresh your memory? ICP for MRC:RSS

Randy Sparrow.....

bluedogok said:
Just what is there to take photos of near Monahans :brainsnap

A microbial bioremediation facility. I was shooting stills for a TV commercial.

Exciting, huh? Heh-heh. :yawn:

Every morning when I wake up, I roll over and look at my golden godess... stare into those big 'ol H7's and wonder again, what did I do to my wife to be sleeping in the garage :lol2:

Hemibee said:
Usually it is due to the fact that I was thrown off and I'm a little ticked about the situation I find myself in.......at the bottom of the creek, covered in mud and cow pies and have all kinds of stuff sticking out of my gear.

This sounds kinda familiar.......:mrgreen:

Doons said:
I tried it but it seem to make the bike very nervous.

Hey Tim, how are ya..... PM me if you get a chance. Refresh your memory? ICP for MRC:RSS

Randy Sparrow.....

Hi, Randy! Wow, it sure is a small Texas. I'm glad to hear from you again and I hope your world is blessed and well. What was it you always used to say? "Peace in the Middle East!" LOL. I have some pictures of that Irving IC, which I'll post later. Fun times, man.

Thanks for remembering me. I still have your email address somewhere, but was afraid that if I ever dropped a line to say hello, you'd be like, "Umm, who are you again?" Heh-heh.

BTW, do you ever talk to Eric Schector or any of the other Dallas instructors who went through that course with us? We had a great group that year.

:rider:

[Copying this message to a PM, as well]

Back