• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bikeless - No More!!!!

Beach

Reaction score
Well, I hadn't planned on buying a bike out of state and then having to get it to Texas.........but I did.

Found a blue 03 Suzuki DR650 that I picked up a little while ago, so the dark side is steadily drawing me over.......

Congratulations, but you know the routine...

Without pictures - it didn't happen! :trust:

Resistance is futile... It just takes to much effort to keep from getting dirty :-P

so where's it at? need somebody to go pick it up for you? :trust:

am I sounding like Squeaky? :ponder: :nono:

I know, I know...pictures are a must, I'll try and get some up today. It's currently in the back of my truck, where is spent the night because it was too late to unload without ramps (which are currently in my apartment in Texas).

Last edited:
Beach said:
I know, I know...pictures are a must, I'll try and get some up today. It's currently in the back of my truck, where is spent the night because it was too late to unload without ramps (which are currently in my apartment in Texas).

So, you got somebody else to drive the truck for you while you sit on it in the back?:lol2:

bushwhacker said:
So, you got somebody else to drive the truck for you while you sit on it in the back?:lol2:
:rofl: :thumb:

Beach, if you aren't in Texas, where are you? :huh:

I'm currently back home on the Alabama gulf coast. I am one of those two-households folks.
My wife and our child are here at our regular home and I am a temporary Texan, due to work. So every time I get a chance I head home for a week or so.
I found the DR less than 50 miles away and couldn't pass it up.

I can't believe Squeaky has not volunteered to go get it for you.

Congratulations...

And I totally understand the dual citizenship deal. The wife and family live down there, and I spend 90 percent of my time in Johnson Co. ( And some of these folks are , well , a little special....) J/K , Don't need any visits from the Burleyville Mafioso!

look for my white Dodge Ram west bound on I-10 tomorrow with a blue '03 DR650 in the back

fallendown said:
The wife and family live down there, and I spend 90 percent of my time in Johnson Co. ( And some of these folks are , well , a little special....) J/K , Don't need any visits from the Burleyville Mafioso!
I AM weird! :mrgreen: who wants to be normal anyway? :shrug:

tx-vfr said:
I AM weird! :mrgreen: who wants to be normal anyway? :shrug:

Some say normal is an illusion, but I believe normal is boring, predictable, and easy to manipulate.

I never said weird. I said
Special..... Besides, you guys are great , cant imagine a better group of folks to break bread with when I'm away from home..

KenH said:
Some say normal is an illusion, but I believe normal is boring, predictable, and easy to manipulate.
Normal is simply the average. Who want's to be just average?

Jason, you (and anybody else) is always welcome to join us any time :eat: :rider:

scratch said:
Congratulations, but you know the routine...

Without pictures - it didn't happen! :trust:

000001033at8.jpg

I know, I know....but better late than never, right??????;-)

Thanks, Nathan. But I am already looking for another street bike, something with more cylinders!:mrgreen:
I am very happy with the DR and am sure it will just get better and better, but the weather and time of the year are really making me want another standard or a sport tourer to go with the DR.

Beach said:
Thanks, Nathan. But I am already looking for another street bike, something with more cylinders!:mrgreen:
I am very happy with the DR and am sure it will just get better and better, but the weather and time of the year are really making me want another standard or a sport tourer to go with the DR.
Your starting to sounds like Kurt :lol2:

Beach said:
Thanks Texas Dr, I hope to make some of those DS rides.
If you check some of the recent ride reports, make sure you have drain holes in your boots if you ride with Ken! ;-)

Back