• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting Photo

Reaction score
Well, Interesting to me anyway!:rider:

Tiger4.jpg

VERY interesting! You up for a ride on it yet or do you still have to wait?

Squeaky said:
VERY interesting! You up for a ride on it yet or do you still have to wait?

Since I have only put 30 miles on a motorcycle in the past 6 and a half months and only 15 of those on this motorcycle, I do not think I am quite ready for 200 miles of wet, rainy freeways and back roads quite yet. Especially those between New Ulm and Fredericksburg.

I will most likely not be riding to the Pie Fest. If I go it will be in the Jeep.

Very nice. I'm liking the white bikes I'm seeing these days. Saw a White Speed Triple at the Austin dealership this week...Really liked it. 'Course, I might've even like the black one with the shorty Arrow exhaust, especially if I'd heard it... :drool:

buck000 said:
Very nice. I'm liking the white bikes I'm seeing these days. Saw a White Speed Triple at the Austin dealership this week...Really liked it. 'Course, I might've even like the black one with the shorty Arrow exhaust, especially if I'd heard it... :drool:
The off-road exhaust on the Thruxton is what made Whoa trade in his Tiger for the Thruxton :trust:

Congrats, Whoa keeps trying to get me to test ride one, but I know better.

Last edited:
:help: I'm in love. :drool:

Unfortunately, I cannot afford such a woman. :shrug:

bushwhacker said:
I will most likely not be riding to the Pie Fest. If I go it will be in the Jeep.

Smart man to take it easy, riding in rain is an experience all its own....:rider:

bushwhacker said:
Since I have only put 30 miles on a motorcycle in the past 6 and a half months and only 15 of those on this motorcycle, I do not think I am quite ready for 200 miles of wet, rainy freeways and back roads quite yet. Especially those between New Ulm and Fredericksburg.

Very nice bike! :rider:

But you got to ride it a bit more... it's too nice for a garage queen! :)

All this rain will soon be something we will only remember and not see much... :sun:

bigboy292000 said:
Very nice bike! :rider:

But you got to ride it a bit more... :

Oh, I will.

I was just released by the Doc on Tuesday to ride again after totaling the Duc.

Now that's the way to schedule it.

Dr. Gives his ok Tuesday morning to "return to normal activities". Get a call on Tuesday afternoon telling me the paperwork is ready for my signature. Sign the papers on Wednesday. Pick up the bike at noon on Thursday.

The timing couldn't be more perfect!

...so when is my test ride? :rider:

I visited my friend Kieth at RPM yesterday to see this very bike and he informs me that Triumph is gonna introduce a 675 Tiger later on this year!

Anybody interested in an '07 Wee Strom around Oct or Nov?

Nice. Very crisp looking. :clap:
Are those stock bars? They look kinda like....well, nevermind. :pirate:

bushwhacker said:
Dr. Gives his ok Tuesday morning to "return to normal activities". Get a call on Tuesday afternoon telling me the paperwork is ready for my signature. Sign the papers on Wednesday. Pick up the bike at noon on Thursday.
Rode it to Ming's Thursday evening ??

Calgary-Yogi said:
:wary::wary::wary:
The board is watching you
:eek2:

I am an attorney who works for HPD. Everyone is watching me, but I am not paranoid. You hear that you aliens out there monitering my every move. I am NOT paranoid! I am guessing this post will be on the Chiefs desk bright and early Monday morning! He doesn't know about the aliens yet. :trust:

I spoke to you briefly while you where getting ready to head out, but did not intorduce myself properly.
Proper introductions next time including Secret TWT hand shake.:chug:

Really cool. Nice looking bike.

Can someone explain the merits of having the triple tree reversed from conventional installations?

Is it to achieve trail without having having alot of rake?
If so, how does this affect steering and handling?

Dave

dukey33 said:
Really cool. Nice looking bike.

Thnaks.

dukey33 said:
Can someone explain the merits of having the triple tree reversed from conventional installations?

Is it to achieve trail without having having alot of rake?
If so, how does this affect steering and handling?

Dave

Google knows everything =

Advantage of inverted forkes according to Wikipedia -

On many sport bikes, this system is inverted, with the spring/damper unit clamped to the yoke while the sliders are at the bottom of the assembly. This is done for two reasons: to reduce unsprung weight by having the heavier components be suspended, and to improve the strength and rigidity of the assembly by having the bulkier and stronger component being directly supported by the pivot.

Well, that's the explanation for inverted forks, but I was looking at the triple tree. The head stem (where the head bearing are) is in front of the fork tubes. Conventional installations have the fork tubes out ahead of the head stem.

Dave

Back