• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Republic Harley Davidson, Stafford, TX?

leekellerking

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Last Name
King
Republic Harley Davidson
12707 Southwest Frwy.
Stafford, Texas

Does anyone know anything about Republic Harley Davidson in Stafford? My wife has an opportunity to interview for a job in the MotorClothes department. (And they are having a job fair tomorrow).

They seem to have good benefits and it would be a shorter commute (and Sunday off). Anybody know anybody there? Shop there? Had any experiences there, good or bad?

Your input would be appreciated!

God bless,

Lee

Scott -- if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it, oh great web master guru person guy.

I don't know anything about the shop, but can only imagine the gifts you'll be getting for all occasions. Hope it works out.

whoa said:
I don't know anything about the shop, but can only imagine the gifts you'll be getting for all occasions. Hope it works out.

Yeah, that is sorta what I was hoping. I'm not that big a Harley guy, but I guess I could learn. :rider:

Lee
(Who wishes they carried Buell, too)

B * U * M * P *

Doesn't anybody know anything about Republic HD?

Lee
(Not prepared to be let down by the Group Mind)

Sparkyphotog and I both took MSF Rider's Edge course there. The people in charge run it so we got to know them. I've been there several times and it seems like a good work environment, people always smiling and lots of joking around. Bought some boots there too, good experience.

BMWbabe said:
Sparkyphotog and I both took MSF Rider's Edge course there. The people in charge run it so we got to know them. I've been there several times and it seems like a good work environment, people always smiling and lots of joking around. Bought some boots there too, good experience.

Thanks for the input. The interview went well, but she is concerned about insurance issues. It looks like she may need surgery in the next few months and IKEA has a VERY good short-term disability program.

Lee

A riding buddy of mine bought his Road King and his wife's 1200 Sportster from Republic. He just about lives there now and buys his entire wardrobe from them. It's rather shameless. But he's a good guy and pours over 20k miles on his bike every year.
By his accounts, Republic has treated him well and seems to give back to the community as well. This same guy helped his wife pull together a charity ride least year and they asked Republic for some raffle prizes. Republic stepped up and came thru with lots of good stuff including big ticket jacket/vest/chaps. I recall they also host HOG events in their parking lot.

Dave

leekellerking said:
and IKEA has a VERY good short-term disability program.
So now you'll get a nightstand for your birthday instead of chaps? ;)

Its a shame insurance is such a big deal today. But it certainly is. Hope she ends up not needing surgery, but if she must, may she find a most excellent surgeon.

I picked up some parts for a friend there a year or so ago, seemed
like good folks and the parts guy even saw the humor of me riding up
on the Kawasaki for Harley parts:mrgreen:

When I had my FLHT I used them for tires one time.

Seemed like a good dealership. My wife and sis-in law shopped the motor clothing dept. and spent some $$$. It would most likely be a good place to work, everyone appeared happy.

whoa said:
So now you'll get a nightstand for your birthday instead of chaps? ;)

Its a shame insurance is such a big deal today. But it certainly is. Hope she ends up not needing surgery, but if she must, may she find a most excellent surgeon.

No, I already have the nightstand. I'm angling for the book shelves!

:sun:

Yea, insurance (or the lack thereof) can be a big deal. She has her second interview tonight so we will see what they offer.

Lee

I bought my Buell there about 3 years ago. It's a pretty cool place as Harley shops go. They treated us very well, but they never could really fix my bike when it finally started having problems. The people were very good.

I bought some small parts for my custom that I couldn't find anywhere near Austin. The parts guys were great. Luckily they put the parts aside with my name on it because there were 2 others that had requested one of the parts by the time I got there.

Republic Harley Davidson
12707 Southwest Frwy.
Stafford, Texas

Does anyone know anything about Republic Harley Davidson in Stafford? My wife has an opportunity to interview for a job in the MotorClothes department. (And they are having a job fair tomorrow).

They seem to have good benefits and it would be a shorter commute (and Sunday off). Anybody know anybody there? Shop there? Had any experiences there, good or bad?

Your input would be appreciated!

God bless,

Lee

Scott -- if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it, oh great web master guru person guy.

Well, my wife decided against the job move. She may need surgery on her ankle this year and did not want to change insurance (and liberal disability policy) by leaving IKEA.

Thought I'd let everyone know. Thanks for the input.

Lee

Back