• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Teedless search for Bluebonnents

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Green
So I get up at 0450 and check in at work at 6 am Sunday morning the 1st. I am sitting here and itching to go on a ride this afternoon. I remembered all the bluebonnents on the way to the airport. I start plotting an escape from the metroplex. I had went in my truck a few years back to see the bluebonnents close to Ennis. The city provides maps of the country roads around the area. On my last visit I had also spotted a dirt road I wanted to explore a little more.
My 1st call is to Teeds.9Get Bent is still asleep :lol2: ) He has just purchased a new used dr 650. What a perfect opportunity to get a feel for it. Of course he says something about needing to install tires on it today. Then he needed to do a bunch of drawings for work and can't go. I give him a hard time,something like get those tires on it and I will break them in etc.
At 10 am I call Get Bent because I know he is now awake. Jim is ready to go as soon as I call him. I tell him I am working and we needed to wait till 1545. He plans to change out a sprocket and change his oil.

The pictures should explain the story from here. We started off with a bang.Thankfully in hindsight we found some mud since masculinity has been questioned a few in a previous thread !!!!!

Bluebonnents

140697713-M.jpg

The Ole GSPD has been broken in a little more.
140694459-M.jpg

140697782-M.jpg

Get Bent after the mud holes

140694937-M.jpg

Ahhhhh the beginning of the Bluebonnents

140695075-M.jpg

A little countryside

140695137-M.jpg

140695375-M.jpg

Gravel

140695707-M.jpg

Dash shot kind of

140696141-M.jpg

Yes there is a butterfly in the center of this picture

140695777-M.jpg

Regrouping

140695931-M.jpg

One of the roads

140696010-M.jpg

Are you dizzy yet ?

140696217-M.jpg

More roads

140696297-M.jpg

Get Bent on a bridge somewhere

140696667-M.jpg

Whats a ride in Texas without a flag and long horns

140696984-M.jpg

More roads

140697142-M.jpg

Can you say buzzard

140697279-M.jpg

140697406-M.jpg

Taking a break. There was poisen ivy along the road everywhere

140696771-M.jpg

The end !!

140697630-M.jpg

Mike Green

Last edited:
how well did that rear tire do?

Also, thanks for the green pictures, very green.

FirstMan said:
how well did that rear tire do?

Also, thanks for the green pictures, very green.

It did alright till I slowed down. Then a 535lbs machine plus me started going down instead of forward. It was a great test. I was laughing,I resorted back to basics. I was stiff arming it instead of going with the flow. I felt like a complete newbie. I guess between weight and not wanting to hurt her is a good thing. Baby steps !!!
Notice the new twin seat !!

Mike Green

Wow, what a fun ride! :rider: The Bluebonnets were awesome and the mud was great. I have several pictures that I emailed Mike to post, since I can't ever seem to do it right. Just couldn't ask for a better day to ride.

GetBent said:
Wow, what a fun ride! :rider: The Bluebonnets were awesome and the mud was great. I have several pictures that I emailed Mike to post, since I can't ever seem to do it right. Just couldn't ask for a better day to ride.

Jim I have to figure out how to resize them and put them in my smugmug account from the e-mail

Mike Green

billyji said:
I guess between weight and not wanting to hurt her is a good thing. Baby steps !!!
Notice the new twin seat !!

Mike Green

And just think if I would have been on teh back of that twin seat! :eek2: Too bad I had to head home... it looks like the day was perfect for a ride.

:sun:

lendalu said:
And just think if I would have been on teh back of that twin seat! :eek2: Too bad I had to head home... it looks like the day was perfect for a ride.

:sun:

I forgot that you should have been in town that weekend. I would have loved to see him go through that mud with you on the back!!

Terra gets her bike today, and tonight is her first softball game!

Mike,
Nice rear seat, I am sure Lenda likes it better than that ergonomicly friendly luggage rack.

Mike, you sooooo rock!!!
140694459-M.jpg

Can't wait to see you wrestle that beast in person....

FirstMan said:
Nice rear seat, I am sure Lenda likes it better than that ergonomicly friendly luggage rack.

Or the doubled-over pillow we used in Dallas last weekend! I fear that the rear seat hasn't seen much use so I'll be breaking it in. :)

We've planned a ride over Memorial Day weekend so that should give me a little experience on longer rides. Up through OK, to AR, down into TX and see my family along the way. I can't wait.

GetBent said:
I have several pictures that I emailed Mike to post, since I can't ever seem to do it right.

Hopefully we (Mike & I) will have a little class on how to resize pictures and post this evening or tomorrow.... before he heads back to Dallas. Then he can get them posted up. If we run into any snags, I'll resize and post for others to see. :-P

The pictures you guys took were great! (both quality and the actual scenery)

Good job Mike! Thoes are some great pictures!!!!

Everyone knows, Mike leaves the typing up to Patrick :) What you heard were two paws.:rofl:

Me and the S ... ;-)

Have fun in Clayton. I know you are watching the weather ... looks like it will be damp.

Yeah there are some nice cells about to hit them as we speak :giveup:
The trials bike is loaded but i dont think it will see much action unless it is under a pavillion
Have a good weekend

Mike Green

ps GPS class next week... I will be down for the count Monday for sure. I also need to give you the baja DVD's

Back