• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Well I've gone and done it!

STCPO

Reaction score
Well after my 2300 mile trip last March and giving the fact my kids are older now (teens) and I can ride two-up with them safely I've been toying with the idea of getting something bigger than the VFR.

I've wanted a duel sport for some time, so I looked at the BMW R1150GS and I honestly love that bike. But the BMW dealer just did not want to deal and I am an impatient soul and did not want to go through the process of looking for a good used bike and then have to deal with selling the VFR.

So my other number one choice was an ST1300 (Yes I know, much different from the GS). I talked to the dealer and he said no to what I wanted for trade (did not surprise me). Not a big deal I did not need the ST that bad.

Two hours later I am sitting in my office and he calls and says he will give me the trade in amount I wanted if I come in and sign the deal. Well his trade in offer was only a few hundred dollars less than what I could sell the bike for by myself so I could not resist. It must have been a really slow sales day.

I take delivery next week sometime.

I'm going to miss the VFR, but the ST will fit in her place nicely. I'll have some VFR stuff for sale in a few weeks.

Now it's time to look for a used KLR. That is if Kim does not kill me first for buying this bike.

Pete

:rofl

You did let her know you where up to something right?

I cannot wait to see the new ST! You guys need to come to Arkansas with us in Sept! Farm out the kiddos and just do it! :-P

No GS huh... do they make knobbies for the ST? :lol:

Adios,

txcpl said:
...Now it's time to look for a used KLR. That is if Kim does not kill me first for buying this bike.

Get Kim on the back of the ST as quickly as possible so that she can see how comfortable and "safe" it feels. ;-)

Congrats on the new bike! You'll be set to do some serious long-haul touring on that one. 8-)

Paul, don't forget that Kim has her own BMW R1150R to ride, when she can get Pete off it :-P

Get it broken in in a hurry and bring it out to Arkansas for the rally!

Tourmeister said:
Paul, don't forget that Kim has her own BMW R1150R to ride, when she can get Pete off it :-P

Nope, haven't forgotten about Kim's Beemer. My idea is for Pete to demonstrate how nice and safe the ST1300 feels for taking the kiddos out for a ride. Kim might even enjoy riding passenger for a change - or making Pete ride passenger on it. ;-)

Tourmeister said:
:rofl

You did let her know you where up to something right?

I cannot wait to see the new ST! You guys need to come to Arkansas with us in Sept! Farm out the kiddos and just do it! :-P

No GS huh... do they make knobbies for the ST? :lol:

Adios,

Scott, I'd love to, but that's the same weekend I've got to do my Navy Reserve thing. If all works out well, we think we can make some of the Fall rides.

Pete

Pete,

Congrats on the new bike. :chug: I think Scott misses his VFR too. He actually rode an R1 on Sunday. It looked weird seeing him in that riding position. :brainsnap You'll have to share some pics w/ us when it arrives. Maybe you & Kim can make the group ride on 09/25. I guess the kids are adjusting back to school. Hope to see you all soon.

Back