• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I need prayer

Reaction score
I have been battling ear infections for about two weeks now and after the third round of antibiotics did not do the trick, the ENT wanted to put tubes in my ears. Well I had that done this morning and while he was looking in my middle ear he found some problems. He says I have had chronic ear infections for quite some time, that I was not aware of, and there is a lot of infected tissue in my ears. The infection may even be inside my bone.:eek2: He gave me an injection of antibiotics and I am taking two ther kinds of antibiotics. If the antibiotics do not work, I may have to have surgery. Please pray for healing, wisdom/guidance for the Doctor and that His will be done.

God does not tell us that their will be no trials, he does tell us that he will go through the trials with us. In fact the bible teaches that we should be thankful when we encounter trials, because it is an opportunity for our faith to grow and become perfect, lacking in nothing. I have had my share of trials and my faith is strong. I know he will be with me through this, no matter what.

Thank you for your prayers,
Rod

Last edited:
Will add you to the list ;-) Please keep us posted on your progress!

:pray: I think I may be in the same boat...one of my ears has been making a really loud sucking sound from time to time :eek2:

klrno2 said:
:pray: I think I may be in the same boat...one of my ears has been making a really loud sucking sound from time to time :eek2:

Find a good ENT and go check it out. The sooner you begin treatment the better.

Rod

+1

And let us know what you might need help with in the meantime...happy to lend a hand (or even two! :) )

klrno2 said:
That wouldn't be Scott (klrno1) would it? :rofl:

As mentioned - have it checked - it may be something as simple as needing a good cleaning - had a similar situation once with some ear wax that got packed around the ear drum.

Rod, hope your ills will be gone soon... :pray:

Big Bandit said:
I have been battling ear infections for about two weeks now and after the third round of antibiotics did not do the trick, the ENT wanted to put tubes in my ears. Well I had that done this morning and while he was looking in my middle ear he found some problems. He says I have had chronic ear infections for quite some time, that I was not aware of, and there is a lot of infected tissue in my ears. The infection may even be inside my bone.:eek2: He gave me an injection of antibiotics and I am taking two ther kinds of antibiotics. If the antibiotics do not work, I may have to have surgery. Please pray for healing, wisdom/guidance for the Doctor and that His will be done.

God does not tell us that their will be no trials, he does tell us that he will go through the trials with us. In fact the bible teaches that we should be thankful when we encounter trials, because it is an opportunity for our faith to grow and become perfect, lacking in nothing. I have had my share of trials and my faith is strong. I know he will be with me through this, no matter what.

Thank you for your prayers,
Rod

May God bless you and grant your doctors wisdom in treating you.

Lee

Added to my list. Steve and I are a short scoot away...let us know if you'd like some visitors and a few laughs--often some of the best medicine.

You're on my list as well. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Well, I went to the Doc this morning and I am doing better, but not out of the woods yet. He did not use the word surgery this time. My ears are still infected, but doing better. The right one is better than the left. He gave me a prescrip for a new antibiotic and wants to see me in 10 days.

I was really concerned last Thursday after he put in the tubes and my hearing did not improve. It did not help when over the weekend my brother told me about a friend of his who had this problem in one ear, had the surgery, and lost all of his hearing in that ear. I did some research on the internet and 3% of the people who have the surgery lose their hearing, so the odds are in my favor, if I do still have to have the surgery. About Sunday I began to think my hearing was improving and by Monday I was certain and it has slowly improved each day. I was down to about one third of my hearing I am back up to about two thirds.

Keep the prayers coming. They are working!

Well, when I went to the Dr. last week he said my ears look good and he does not want to see me for three months. Thanks for the prayers everyone!

Whoo-HOOOOOOO!!!!
wings.gif

Atta boy, Rod...done got a clean bill o' health from the vet for yer ears, huh?

I'm very, very happy for you!
banana.gif

Last edited:
Good news! Are you still suffering any hearing loss?

I have had a small hearing loss most of my life, from frequent, bad ear infections since childhood. Working around loud machinery and going to concerts has taken a small toll as well. I always wear hearing protection when I ride, or operate loud machinery for extended periods. I think I am back to about 98% of what I had before this episode. Thanks for asking.

Back