• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tennessee on my mind....

Reaction score
Isn't that a song??
Almost always riding into the West, in two weeks I'll be riding into the East, spending a nice 3 and 1/2 days on the border of the Smokies in a nice private rustic cabin (about 100 miles E of Nashville and N of I-40). Riding the local roads, playing in the lake, and 'others'. We *might* make it to the Dragon (another ~250 miles), we might not.

I'm planning a day and 1/2 ride there. Our last night is Thursday, so we'll be leaving Friday morning. That means I have more time to take a leisurely ride back to be home by Sunday early afternoon (preferably).

Being unfamiliar with TN, I'm open to suggestions. I will probably set up camp for both Friday and Sat nights. Somewhere. Safe :)

I want this to be a leisurely ride back, enjoying scenery etc, not a race. So destinations should be relatively en route, with some flexibility.

Suggestion box open.

Back