• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rocky Ridge in Sanger 3/15

Reaction score
Rocky Ridge in Sanger 4/15

I'll be out at Rocky Ridge this Sunday. My younger brother bought his first bike tonight and I'll be trying to show him the ropes. :trust:

If you're out there, look for a white Chevy 1/2 ton crew cab with black open trailer, black/red XR650R with stupid huge tank, and a well-loved yellow/white DR350 trying to stay up on two wheels... :)

Ya'll stop by to laugh and point... :rofl:

Last edited:
I'll be jetlagged outa my mind to go to Muenster this Sunday. Rocky Ridge sounds perfect, I'll swing by the hill side next to the lake if yall will let me in. Will be in a black Tahoe with a KX in tote.

hey Jeff, how do you get to this place? pm me your phone # I my have another buddy who needs to get his drz 400 dirty for the first time. When are we going back to Mexico? I miss Paul jr.:rofl:

hey Jeff, how do you get to this place? pm me your phone # I my have another buddy who needs to get his drz 400 dirty for the first time. When are we going back to Mexico? I miss Paul jr.:rofl:

Nice! Looks like my brother might sucumb to the whims of his SO (gotta learn that boy how to get a kitchen pass), so I'll probabbly be solo on the 650... :angryfire

Rocky Ridge is north of Sanger (which is on 35 and north of Denton but south of Valley View). Easy to shoot straight up 35 from either Dallas or Ft Worth, exit 455 in Sanger. Head west on 455 to 51, then turn north on 51. Watch for a sign for Rocky Ridge on the left, about 3-4 miles or so and turn in. There's a house up on the hill setback from the road where you'll come to a chain gate. Usually somebody is there taking money ($10 each), or they'll see/hear you pull up and walk out.

http://tinyurl.com/36gfwc shows you exactly where it is along 51. The "oval" (almost lightbulb shaped) I usually park around is in the left part of the screen. After you pay you drive straight in on the road and it will go down a steep hill. At the bottom of the hill turn left and you'll see the oval and I'm usually on the left side of the oval. PM'd ya my cell, just in case... :trust:

Man, I hear ya on Paul. I've retold our trip story so many times and I can't stop :mrgreen: each time. I want to go back!!! Even if we do have to go find Richard's mystery canyon... ;-)

Looking good. Some of us are meeting up at the Cracker Barrell on 380/35 @ 0900 for a bite to eat. ETA RR 1000.

Ya'll need to be aware that there is a race tomorrow at TMS and should probably avoid I35W south of Denton...

I'm the old guy that Dirtbomb in taking to RR on Sunday, just wanted to let Sprocket know that he ought to have his brother come, then there will be two to laugh at. I grew up on 360 years ago, hope I haven't forgot everthing, because it's been 25 years since my last dirt ride. See you tomorrow.

John

We got there around 10:30. There was 7 of us. Pretty fun day. I'm gonna have a hard time walking tomorrow though. Dang KX spit me off on the hard packed road running along side the lake at about 40 MPH.

Back