• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Red River Enduro

I completed 48 miles and then my front sprocket got locked up or something. I thought the clutch was going out and limped back to the truck, but when I cleaned it off tonight the bike is fine now. It was my first enduro and I thought the whole thing was 44 miles not 44 + 16 more. I thought I was finished, but nope 16 more miles at the last check. I was beat down and not too upset when the bike acted up. When I pulled off the course at 48 and took a swig of the camelbak, I drew the last swallow. I would not have made the last 12 miles with no water.

The course got tough from mile 26 on the second loop. I have never been back there, but it was tight and slow going. I was 49a and greengoose was 48a. If that race was the easy course, I really need some work. I did not have any trouble with the previous 45 miles, but I did crash about 3 or 4 times before that and got stuck in a mudpit once. My bike had about 20-30 pounds of mud on it.

When I got to the check around 24 miles they wrote 61 on my card. Does that mean I was 12 minutes back? I made everyother check early by 5-7 minutes.

I don't think I will be chomping at the bit to get beat up like that again.

If that race was the easy course, I really need some work.

judging by some of the comments on TON, there was nothing easy about that course. If the guy that finishes third on the long course says it was the hardest thing he has ever done I would say hard was an understatement.

This event was way easier than last years. Plus I really like the new format.

Was it tough? Sure was! But it would not be any fun if it was easy.

Looks like next weekend we are off to Cravens,LA for that race and then Cycle Land in May.

This event was way easier than last years. Plus I really like the new format.

Was it tough? Sure was! But it would not be any fun if it was easy.

Looks like next weekend we are off to Cravens,LA for that race and then Cycle Land in May.

Came up for enduro and didnt say nothing?...lazy redneck.

This event was way easier than last years.

I couldn't agree more, as painful as this year’s course was, the course last year was off the charts.

This year a lot of the race was run on open grass tracks. Bill's Woods once again dished out a severe beating. The rain on Friday made that section super slick!

I felt like I was having a good race until we went into Bill's Woods. It didn't take long for that to change though...

The RR Dirt Riders put together a great course. They never disappoint!

Cheers,

tp

Came up for enduro and didnt say nothing?...lazy redneck.

Never even stopped at mom's or nothing. Stayed with some friends in their toy hauler. Sorry it was a very last minute decision.

My butt and knees are still in shock after the race.:giveup:

I took a bunch of pictures, just before the Red Bull Barn, so if you guys will post your race number, I'll see if I got any shots of you........if you want?

Please post 48a and 49a. I remember seeing you there. Hopefully you got a good pic.

Back