04-16-2007, 09:43 AM
What no pic's?

Hemibee
04-16-2007, 09:48 AM
If there are no pictures............it didn't happen. :trust:

Greasemonkey
04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Hard to take pictures with your fr tire in the air:mrgreen:
Anyhow,rode from centerville to hook up with thumper[freezing].
Thumper called and had an emergency so Scott's riding by himself [again].I'm starting to get a complex.

Rode half the small mont. loop in little over 2hrs[100m]then back to centerville.Had fun.Somedays would like to do the whole loop with some folks of same mind???

mcrider
04-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Nice new avatar Tony!

dbdolan
04-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Anyhow,rode from centerville to hook up with thumper[freezing].
Thumper called and had an emergency so Scott's riding by himself [again].I'm starting to get a complex.

Rode half the small mont. loop in little over 2hrs[100m]then back to centerville.Had fun.Somedays would like to do the whole loop with some folks of same mind???

I wouldn't mind finishing up that loop and pick up where we left off. I just need to change the fork seals on the KLR, I noticed the right one was leaking.:doh: It might be a couple of weekends before I can get a kitchen pass, wifey wants to have a weekend. As soon as I get a new truck I would like to get up to Branson, MO. my wifes aunt has a hotel up there called the Old Southern Inn. Wife said she wouldn't mind going up to visit her aunt while I explore the dirt roads in that area, I can even get cheap rooms up there if I could get others to go also.

mcrider
04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
I just need to change the fork seals on the KLR, I noticed the right one was leaking.:doh:

Bryan clean it with film. Most of the time a leaking fork seal can be cured by taking off the dust cover so you can expose the seal. Get a piece of 35 mm film & slid it up under the seal, go part way around & then out slowly. Run your fingers over the film to see if there is any grit. Repeat, repeat , repeat until there is no grit. When you are done spray the seal & fork with WD40.

dbdolan
04-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Bryan clean it with film. Most of the time a leaking fork seal can be cured by taking off the dust cover so you can expose the seal. Get a piece of 35 mm film & slid it up under the seal, go part way around & then out slowly. Run your fingers over the film to see if there is any grit. Repeat, repeat , repeat until there is no grit. When you are done spray the seal & fork with WD40.

Hey thanks Chris, that sounds like my kind of fix. Now to try and find some old 35mm. negatives, I know I have some around somewhere. It is not leaking too bad so this might be just the ticket, I wil try it tonight.

Cagiva 549
04-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Check out Chadwick ORV area just north of Branson lots of ups and downs , SEYA

Hemibee
04-16-2007, 07:01 PM

Ok, guess we can let no pictures go this time. Maybe next time you can strap a camera to the lower leg and hook up a remote button to take a few. :rider:

Nice new avatar Tony!

Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. My 9 year old is responsible, he is a pretty big Mopar fan himself and just had me order a Scat Pac flag for his room.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8660/dodgescatpackflaggq0.jpg

Tourmeister
04-17-2007, 02:29 AM
Hey thanks Chris, that sounds like my kind of fix. Now to try and find some old 35mm. negatives, I know I have some around somewhere. It is not leaking too bad so this might be just the ticket, I wil try it tonight.

Use a feeler gauge. Just be sure to use one of the thin ones ;-)

dbdolan
05-01-2007, 10:11 PM

Chris I forgot to report back, it worked like a champ.:rider: I have gone on a couple of rides and it hasn't leaked since the cleaning, thanks again.