• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Centenary Isle of Man TT is just weeks away

Reaction score
First Name
dougie
this year is the 100th year the isle of man tt has been run here in the uk iam not sure if anyone has ever heard of it over in texas but i thought i would share it with you because its (in my opinion the best road race in the world) but its basicly a 37.8 miles per lap road race with up to 6 laps per race

and if you watch the videos you see racers going 140-180 through castle town and its awsome to watch heres a link to the website

http://www.iomtt.com/News.aspx

and its only weeks till it all starts

Thanks for the reminder. :thumb:

Should be a good one this year -- likely a Suzukifest all the way, though.

Hodgson may currently be unemployed, but at least he'll be able to enjoy the race from his rooftop this year.

:sun:

Speaking of IOM TT, is there any computer simulator or X-Box game based on the IOM?

The one I know of is for the PS2 called Suzuki TT Superbikes.

"Suzuki TT Superbikes features more than 50 vehicles from all over the world, and includes the world famous 37.73 mile Isle of Mann racetrack. For the highest level of realism possible, the course itself has been mapped using data supplied by the government and data captured by the development team. In addition to the traditional racing, the game also features a "Mad Sunday" mode that brings riders from all over the world to test their chops on the mountain. Supplementary modes, such as two-player split-screen and sidecar multiplayer are also included, as are bikes from all classes -- from 125cc all the way to the F1 1000ccs!"

I so wish I could be there for the 100th anniversary, but Squidward and I hope to go and see it all live and in person sometime, maybe for our 5th wedding anniversary.

I have an old Sega PC game called Manx TT. Takes about 2 min to do a lap. A couple of familiar points, but that's about it.

this year is the 100th year the isle of man tt has been run here in the uk

Thanks for the reminder. Are you going to be there for the race? Somewhere I've got a picture of a guy running the course on a stock Triumph Scrambler and turned a good time for that bike. Nuts.

I rented Isle of Man TT 2004 Review and I sure have a lot of respect for the riders at this event.

Have we heard of it,,, surely you jest? You Brits are NUMBER ONE, with your Isle of Man races. Nobody does it better. We can only hope to get some good telly coverage. Enjoy for us too.

I Love the Isle of Man TT. Respect it for the History, and the talent it takes to ride it. It is a dangerous and challenging event. And one of the best in the world!:clap:

Imao_37, Have you bin? Are You Going ?

Has any one checked on Jack to make sure he is OK since he has not posted?

this year is the 100th year the isle of man tt has been run here in the uk iam not sure if anyone has ever heard of it over in texas but i thought i would share it with you because its (in my opinion the best road race in the world) but its basicly a 37.8 miles per lap road race with up to 6 laps per race

and if you watch the videos you see racers going 140-180 through castle town and its awsome to watch heres a link to the website

http://www.iomtt.com/News.aspx

and its only weeks till it all starts

I am sure a Mate of mine from Scotland will be there, If "Colin" see's or hears this, cheers Mate..... Enjoy the races I wish I could as well.:rider:

unfortunatly i wont be going this year :doh: as iam saving all my money to go and live with my wife in texas and i have to get my priorites right :giveup:

i havnt ever been to the tt but i have been to the southern 100 which is another bike race on the isle of man but i will go one day i also own quite a few of the dvd's of the last 8 years of races and there the best dvd's i own

Stephen Max
if you email duke video they have been selling copy's of the isle of man tt for the ps2 i have it but its pal not ntsc if you contact them they might be able to help its a good game and you do get to race the 37 miles circut in it :lol2:

i also forgot to say if you go on to the tt home page they are looking at broadcasting the races live on the internet so have a look iam already signed up

Back