• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Labor Day Excursion part 1

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
My trip started out on a friends Electra Glide Classic in Austin at 5am Fri
morning. I left Austin headed to Bryan to see a customer and continued up 21 through Carthage great morning cool weather and no traffic. Ran into some rain but none too heavy. I was begining to like this touring rig, Ran up 79 and int Lousiana where I met up with one of my ZRX buddies for a short visit. Then across La and into Missippipi and RAIN RAIN man RAIN cruised through it gaining more and more respect for the bike but when the winds were gusting enough to push a semi off the road in front of me I jumped off at the next stop for a bit. A trooper pulled up and thanked me for stopping because I scared him to death when I rode past him in the rain he said he could not see and did not understand how I could. Waited out the storm for an hour and got back on cruised through to Alabama and then into Georgia about 1:30 am a great day in the saddle about 1000 miles and a whole new respect for the HD and it long distance capabilities. Spending the weekend here and then riding back through Dallas for a meeting and into Austin on Wendsday evening. I may have to buy one of these.

No thats a ZRX ride for me I would not have as much fun on the Harley up in the Ozarks

Back