• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ohlins Rear & Front?

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Diaz
Thinking about putting a rear Ohlins shock for an 03' Bmw k1200 rs. My question is for anyone with aftermarket suspension experience is: will just putting an Ohlins on the rear be sufficient for improved performance or will I only be half way their; spend the extra money for the front too?
What say you out there?

Pete:giveup:

I Race Tech-ed my ZX9R front and rear. The difference was very dramatic. Putting only a shock on is half a solution, and could create more problems that you don't anticipate. Both would be best.

Thinking about putting a rear Ohlins shock for an 03' Bmw k1200 rs. My question is for anyone with aftermarket suspension experience is: will just putting an Ohlins on the rear be sufficient for improved performance or will I only be half way their; spend the extra money for the front too?
What say you out there?

Pete:giveup:

What is wrong with the front and or rear now? If there is no problem then there is nothing to do! Have you adjusted the rear? Is the front diveing hard or is it to stiff??

Just want better performance, better handling in the twisties, better feedback. You know, I want to get the most out my bike. The stock suspender have about 12k miles and I know that stuff is life limited. Now should I just replace all the components or can I have the stock stuff reworked as the previous fellow indicated?

Pete

Have you had the suspension dialed in for you? if not would be a good start.

I'm running an Ohlins rear with race tech internals in the front on my SV and the feed back is simply amazing! Actually, I'm pretty sure she handles better than my 06' 750. Will let you know tomorrow after tws.

I had Works Performance shocks on my 97 R1100RS and now have Wilber's on my 05 R1200GS. The after market shocks make a lot of difference -- particularly when compared to clapped out stock shocks. The two real advantages are a greater degree of adjustment (specifically for your eweight and riding style), and the ability to have the shocks rebuilt every 20-30K miles. Ohlens, Penske, Wilber's, Works Performance, all are good shocks.

Back