• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pray for a thief

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Jennings
Someone stole my new Shoei off my bike last night. Please pray for them and their family.

Next one put a sticker on it "May contain head lice" "causes premature baldness, If I catch you stealing this I well pull every hair on your head out"

Sorry to hear it. I had my jacket stolen last spring when I tried to make a quick trip into the house to get something I forgot. Left the helmet & gloves on the handlebars/instruments and the jacket hanging on the left grip.

Dunno why anyone wanted that stinky old jacket :shrug: but glad they didn't take the stinky helmet and gloves, too.

:angryfire
(OK, I'll pray for him anyway...)

That shows a lot of maturity, to both pray for and ask for prayers for someone who treated you badly. I am talking about maturity as a Christian. I have honored your request and prayed for the thief. Good for you.

That shows a lot of maturity, to both pray for and ask for prayers for someone who treated you badly. I am talking about maturity as a Christian. I have honored your request and prayed for the thief. Good for you.

Trust me, my thoughts concerning the thief have not all been pure. And I want to point out in this time of so much religious strife that Christians are not the only ones that would advocate praying for someone who has treated them badly.

I'm guessing you're not asking for imprecatory prayers.

Conviction by the Holy Spirit can be a life changing event.

No let's try and keep the boils out of it. I still hope there is a chance I might get it back, and if they were infested with boils and wore my helmet it would be useless to me.

Interesting how I read your post entirely in a different way. I thought pray for him, because you knew where to find him. But then I realized you wouldn't post something like that in a Prayer Requests thread.

UPDATE:

I have been checking the local pawn shops every once in awhile, but since I didn't see it right away I had given up hope. Well I walked into a pawn shop today, more to kill time than anything else, and what did I see hanging on the wall? My helmet. Seven months later and everything seems to be fine. I don't think it was worn at all. The Autocomm speakers were even still in there.

The whole deal seems a little fishy since it was stolen in May, sold outright to the pawnshop in May, but didn't show up on the shelf until recently. I probably went in this pawn shop at least in November maybe December and it wasn't in there. I think they have to keep it for 3 or 4 months on a pawn, but on a sale they can put it out right away.

Anyway I called my police buddy before I told the pawn shop it was mine and he sent someone out. Luckily I filed a police report and all of the identifiers were still there. The shop offered to sell it back to me for what they paid for it. I said no, we'll go to court. Another detective friend said this particular shop never shows up to court hearings anyway. So I'm just waiting for my subpoena to find out when the court date is.

Thanks for your prayers.

I know possession of stolen property is a crime, can the pawn shop people be charged with the same? And whats more, they may have gotten the dudes info. Let us know how it goes.

I thought that pawn shops had to have a copy of any seller's picture ID. Did the police confiscate/hold it until the court date?

Yes, this smells really, really fishy indeed! Nice that you had a cop friend to help.

Anytime anyone sees thier property in a pawn shop call your LEO, especially if there are personal identifiers and or serial number noted in the offense report at the time of theft. You can't go into a pawn shop see your stolen stuff then file your theft report that you neglected to do at the time of theft.

I also would not of paid the pawn shop for the helmet let them lose it in seizure court, which they will.

You won't be able to charge the pawn shop with possession of stolen property because the state would have to prove that they knew that the property was stolen, example: filed off serial numbers ect.
They are required to obtain a ID or DL from the person pawning the property which the LEO would be able to obtain.

The person that pawn the property will most likely say that they either found it or bought it from another, but can't remember thier name, which is BS.

Glad you found your helmet, when you get it back you might want to clean it real good.
No telling how many people put it on trying it out.

I guess I don't understand the system. Are you saying that you still have to go to court to prove that the helmet is yours? :-?

I'm glad that you found it though. :clap:

I guess I don't understand the system. Are you saying that you still have to go to court to prove that the helmet is yours? :-?

:

Yes,you do. It's easy enough if you filed a report prior to locating the property with identifiers. It's called a seizure hearing, which is held in Municipal or JP court.

You basicly show up with a copy of the original theft report which describes your propery. The other party shows up and explains who they got the the propery from and the officer explains when the report was filed, what was stolen and when the property was located and who had it.
99% of the time the property is awarded back to the person from which it was stolen.

These seizure hearing are required when two or more people have interest in an item which was altered, or stolen.

Awesome power of prayer story. I know how it is to walk out and find your helmet gone. I certainly wasn't mature in my faith at that time and didn't think of praying for them. Thanks for that witness.

Back