PDA

View Full Version : The new UM 650 Sportbike

SRADkneedragger
05-04-2007, 11:56 PM
OK guys sorry for the teaser the full deal is forth coming. In the mean time,
I rode the new UM650 SportBike today. I only got about 4 miles due to the fact that the Sales Manager didn't know if this particular unit was the "Demo" or just a sales model. As you might know the wife owns a 2nd gen SV650 so the comparo is pretty much straight across. Ride is good and smooth turn in on corners felt a little quick, braking effort was somewhat high and a little "wooden". Bike felt rock solid in corners. It was a little down on acceleration as compared to the 2nd gen SV but I'm sure this is a direct result if it being carburetored as compared to the SV's Fuel Inj.. It seemed to carburate very smoothly and I didn't notice any stumbles or stutters. I did notice that the right handlebar seemed abnormally close to the gas tank on right hand turns but this is something that might merely need adjusting. Rear shock adjustable for preload and height. All in all at around $6000 I was very impressed. I promise a much better more comprehensive report in the upcoming weeks as I have allready made plans for a little back to back ride between the SV and the UM as soon as they find out which unit is the "Demo" bike.
SRAD

AlphaFire X5
05-05-2007, 04:03 AM
UM = AlphaSports = Hyosung GT650. Been around for a while.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88991&page=2

Chirpy
05-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Yeah, but did you take it off any sweet jumps?

Jack Giesecke
05-05-2007, 09:57 AM
The only thing that matters, how well does it wheelie?

:rofl: