• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**WTB**- '03 or '04 BMW K1200 GT or RS

Reaction score
First Name
Jaime L
Last Name
Villarreal
I am wanting to buy a 03' or '04 BMW K12 GT or RS. I would like one with low mileage and of course in good shape. Does anyone know where I can find one? I try to stay away from the dealerships.

I can understand why u want one; I have an o3' & was thinking of selling it after I bought a GS 1150; took it for one last ride then changed my mind; it's just too much fun: fast, rock steady, comfy, cool, I could go on but you get the idea. Anyway, when you find one you'll be very happy.

Pete:sun:

Thanks, I owned a '00 K1200 LT for about 3 years. Never got use to the weight nor the lack of hp.

BMW K1200RS
Year: 2003
Make: BMW
Model: K1200RS
Price: $9500.00

Miles: 1400
Color: blue and white
Engine Size(cc): 1200
Warranty: yes

Description: Unique color scheme blue and white, heated grips, cruise control only 1400 miles must sell do to health reason unable to ride please contace me at SHADOWK100@VERIZON.NET GARAGE KEPT ABSOLUTE MINT CONDITION

More Info: http://www.shadowk100@verizon.net

3865_1025mpOGEmJT4G98.jpg

I know you said no dealers but you may take a look......There are a couple at North Houston BMW.....Gulf Coast BMW has an RS .....

Good luck....:thumb:

Thanks, I have been talking to Victory BMW in Arizona. They have a red '04 RS for $10,000 that I am seriously thinking about.

Hey RedStrom!
I sold my 2004 DL1000 in January and replaced it with a 2003 K1200GT!
Scored a weekend ride on a K12RS in December and decided it was time for a change - I felt the need for speed :trust:
I found mine for sale in Houston listed on Ebay. Was able to get to know the guy & bike history over the phone with him and made a deal over the phone & he took it off Ebay.
Really happy with the bike. Only 3500 miles on it when purchased, now up to 5,000 and a trip to Arkansas scheduled in early June.
Good luck looking - I'll keep my eyes open for you...
-Stuart in Austin

Stupolvo,
I ride with the BMW group on Sundays and a few friends have the RS. It didn't fit me that well. I am 6'2" with a 35" inseam. That is the same reason I got rid of a ST1300, not enough leg room. I might wait now on the Concours 1400 to see what the ergonomics will be like.

The later versions of the RS have lower pegs than the earlier models. I further lowered mine with a Verholen kit and found it to be very comfortable with the seat in the upper position.

Thanks, I have been talking to Victory BMW in Arizona. They have a red '04 RS for $10,000 that I am seriously thinking about.

I live in Tucson, if you do buy it and want a place to sleep before the long drive through the permian basin drop me a line. Or to make it a real adventure, I belive an XR650R needs to make its way to my house, you can drive it here and I will arange transport to where your bike is. Adventure:rider:

I live in Tucson, if you do buy it and want a place to sleep before the long drive through the permian basin drop me a line. Or to make it a real adventure, I belive an XR650R needs to make its way to my house, you can drive it here and I will arange transport to where your bike is. Adventure:rider:

FirstMan,
I appreciate the invite. That is what makes this forum neat, people helping each other out. I still haven't decided between the Beemer and the 1400 Concours. I'll let you know if I decide to buy from Victory BMW.

Jaime

Yep if the price is right.

I'm more seriously considering selling mine. it's an 03' with 12600 miles. Installed a Remus exhaust system which gives it a bit more oomph & throatier sound without being obnoxious. If you want to take a look at it let me know, I'm just north of Tomball off Hwy 249.

Pete

I have bought 3 bikes since I first posted this. I bought a 2009 GS 1200, a 2008 Tuono and now my 2010 K1300S. Best bike I ever owned....

Back