• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Review: Bridgestone Battalax BT014

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Well, I'm not real happy with my BT014's, wear-wise. Put them on end of February and the rear is just about run out. Unfortunately, 60% of my riding is commuting the straight & narrow, and the middle's worn down to within 500 miles of the wear bar while midway out to the edge, could probably go another 1500-2000 miles.

The front looks like it has about 50% remaining

Tires handle well: confident in the corners; felt solid.

Total mileage to date: 2900 miles.
(bike weighs 490#, rider 215#, weekend gear 30#)

Try Avon Azaros or their equivalent. I used them on the Bandit and was very impressed.

Try Avon Azaros or their equivalent. I used them on the Bandit and was very impressed.
+1, I've got almost 6k on my rear Azaro on the VFR and I think i'll run it to AR and rack up another 2k before I put the Avon Storms on

If you need a lot of mileage you might also look at the Michelin Pilot Roads. I pulled an easy 9k out of the rear on that.

I had the Metz Z-6's on the Bandit. With moderatly aggressive riding the rear would last about 6-7K. Great tire wet and dry. Only gripe, no wear bar in the middle of the rear tire. Difficult to tell when it is about used up. When it goes, it goes in a hurry, guess how I know that.....

Back