• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

INT Part Deux

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Jennings
This trip report will be short on my part.

154280973-M.jpg

This is after the trail opened up and we got out of the rocks.

That's it...Oh yeah. I had fun...some of the time.

That looks like the trail we rode down off the side of the Talimena When I was breaking in the new 450 in april . It had a lot of ATV traffic , the wheel ruts rubbed the trees on both sides . SEYA

I had a riot !

Get Bent and I rode for 3 days straight.

Thursday night we were very lucky. I was fortunate enought to only hit the ear of a deer at 40-45 mph. We were doing a gravel road/goat trail loop from Clayton out to Daisy and back. At about 915 p.m. we finally made it back to pavement. We get going about 40-45 mph when a doe comes up bank from the ditch. I hit both brakes along with ducking away from her. For some reason she decides not to jump and turns towards the rear of the bike. (Of course this is all in a flash). I have to say that is the first time I have felt the ear of a deer brush my calf above my motocross boots and below my knee pads at 40 mph. Unreal. I feel very fortunate !
Highlights
We met a group of TWTEX Road warriors at the Shell station in Clayton.
We found a bunch of good trails around the Maxwell Creek/Caves area.
Get Bent found his rythem. Look out Adam :) He is smooth and quick !!! :)
Saturday we hooked up with Photojojo along with Outlaw6guy and his crew. What a great group. One the guys,Jim Stovall I knew from 1988 and had not seen him since that time. Small world.
The INT seems to be just as rough when it is dry as when it is wet... LOL :zen:
Firebreaks make great trails. :trust:
I will add some pics in the next few days.

Mike Green

Hands down, this was the most challenging ride I have ever been on. To top it off, I got to ride when some of the most friendly, helpful and fun guys. Mike and I started our ride Thurdsay about 4pm. We headed out on some fast gravel roads looking for some more interesting trails. We finally got into some more interesting trails. I was moving along in 3rd and hit "I still don't know" and went over the bars, landed on a rock with my left shoulder, then felt the bike land on my legs. The funny part is I hear Mike's exhaust, so I figured he was a few feet away getting ready to assist, but I could not rotate my body to see. I waited about 30 seconds and still no Mike! hehe..He was actually around the corner, unable to see what happened. I manage to wrangle the bike of my legs and get up just as soon as Mike comes back around the corner. Turns out I bent my bars. Mike points out that I am carrying a earth salad hanging our of my riding pants(dirt, grass, and rocks)...that was funny. So we head out again..We ended up on a fire break. At first, not so bad. Then it got nasty. I would have to say it was more difficult than the INT, it was so thick with fallen trees, brush and huge rocks. I was dealing with my engine boiling over and wearing my self out kicking an overheated bike. Mike helped me many time pulling my stalled bike over obstacles and took his turn kicking it. We finally get within a hundred yards to the logging road and it is just trees, laying down on each other. We just hit the throttle hard and rode on top of the brush, very exciting!! Well, we made it back in town about 9:30pm, had a cold sandwich, went to bed. Friday was much the same way. Many goat roads, deep mud holes, creek crossings waist deep, and one heck of a hill climb. I think Mike got a picture of the hill we climbed. We made it back in town just in time to get some delicious hot pizza friday night......mmmm, yummy! Then it was up early for the Saturday INT. I want to say that I could not have ridden with a better group. It was good to meet Jack, John, Brandon, Jim and Tom. Mike, Chris and I met them at the state park and headed out for a vigorous, tough ride. I felt very lucky to be riding with such talented riders. Brandon offered up a lot of support and advice making the ride much more enjoyable. Mike certainly made his point, you have got to ride this trail with some speed to stay on top of the rocks and out of trouble. Well, I will let someone else pick up on the INT story. I think Jack got some good video displaying the effects of gravity, too. Again, thanks to everyone for letting a rookie rider on a BRP run the INT with ya'll. Now that is what I call dualsporting!!:rider:

BRP LOVE

154479495-M.jpg

154481606-M.jpg

154481774-M.jpg

One of the shallow water crossing :rider:

154481851-M.jpg

154481938-M.jpg

This hole was over waist deep in the center. I tried walking beside my bike on Jim's line. The next thing I know water in coming in the top of my boots !

154482111-M.jpg

Goat trail/Fire break

154482180-M.jpg

The sun is setting and we are no where close to civilization

154482271-M.jpg

Sucess we are out of the fire break and on gravel :clap:

154482356-M.jpg

Then it got real dark

154482764-M.jpg

Night navigating. To bad I didn't down load the maps to the right of the grid line. Tony I will listen next time. :doh: Atleast the GPS compass worked and we had a bread crumb...

154482654-M.jpg

Exploring some more goat trails

154482976-M.jpg

154483101-M.jpg

The real goat trails :-P
At the bottom
154483268-M.jpg

A third of the way up, looking up.

154483356-M.jpg

Half way up, looking up.

154483546-M.jpg

Somewhere past half way looking down.

154483738-M.jpg

INT creek crossing

154484259-M.jpg

154484322-M.jpg

154484386-M.jpg

Taking a Break

154484527-M.jpg

Thats all

Mike Green

Mike Green

Did anyone get the number of that truck? Yeah, the one that landed on top of me. I'll be back shortly with my report, I've got to wake up first though. I will say this, what a great bunch of guys to ride with, and that billyji.....................that boy fly's on that ATK!
And Tourmeister...........thanks for this site.

154862423-L.jpg

Bikes waiting to go at Sardis
154862609-L.jpg

154862889-L.jpg

Mike's glamouor shot...I think this one is for the fiance
154863226-L.jpg

entrance to the cave
154863681-L.jpg

Mike making light work of it
154863801-L.jpg

154863938-L.jpg

what a view, eh?
154864074-L.jpg

Maxwell Creek
154864250-L.jpg

Top of Maxwell Creek
154864504-L.jpg

getting ready to head out on the INT
154864626-L.jpg

left to right/Mike,Tom and Brandon
154864797-L.jpg

Jack and the cleanest KTM ever seen
154864938-L.jpg

Chris(photojoto)

Last edited:
Great pics Jim, too bad that clean KTM didn't stay that way. I didn't get many still shots, since I was packin a helmet cam, but I'll post what I got, and as soon as I can get the video somewhere, I'll post a link to it.

Okie motor home. We were behind this guy for 15 miles, on the way to Talihina Friday evening.
4pcd3jb.jpg

billyji getting ready to ride,Saturday morning
5x5hk00.jpg

Jim Stovall's bike, waiting on him to saddle up.
4qh2mub.jpg

Mr. Wheelie himself.....Jon Pomeroy gettin ready to haul it.
4u8yn1e.jpg

Jim & Brandon getting ready.
4msn2ma.jpg

And, at breakfast the next morning.........there was this.
5242xz7.jpg

Did you boys see any Big Foot tracks?:eek2:
I found Jack a smillie---:flip:

LOL I actually know the guy who dresses up as Big Foot for the Clayton Big Foot festival every year LOL

Mike Green

There's a little story behind Sonny's comment.
Last year, after the Talihina GP, me and Sonny were sitting in a little cafe eating breakfast, and at the table next to us, there were these two older men sitting there eating and having some kind of conversation. One old guy has on a cowboy hat, and the other guy was dressed in Indian looking clothes. I hear the guy in the cowboy hat say something to me, and I said, excuse me? And he says, you boys wanna go up in them hills and see some Bigfoot tracks? All of a sudden all I could think about was the movie Deliverance, with banjo's playing in the background. We declined the offer.

Oh yeah, one more thing Mr. Jones..........see what you missed?

I can't wait for you to go back. I will ride my KTM to Dallas if I have to.:rider:

Thanks for the pictures and writeup guys! I am a little bit envious, but the beach was nice too.