PDA

View Full Version : BRP takes on Arkansas

xr650rdriver
05-30-2007, 07:31 PM
First off, SORRY, no pics, the camera battery went dead :doh:

This was my first real trip into Arkansas since I moved to Texarkana.

It has been raining all week, but I was not going to let that stop me!
I loaded the BRP up and trailered to Albert Pike rec area, about a 90 mile drive from Texarkana. It was raining when I got there so I asked a ranger where the trails were. He suggested that the better place to ride was Wol Pen Gap, about 15-20 miles away by improved dirt road road. This was a rather interesting ride since it was pouring! When I got to the WPG, it proved to be worth it. What a great place to ride! There are trails of all difficulties, fron flat to very steep, smooth to very rocky. They have the trails marked in levels of difficulty. It was very wet and there were alot of low water crossings. Who knew that the pig could swim? Anyway, I put in 75 miles of easy riding. This would be even better in the dry, but the good thing is that there was no dust to deal with. I will definately be headed back in the near future. This may be replacing Red River as my favorite set of trails.

GetBent
05-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Glad you found some time to get to Arkansas. Sounds like a good mix of trails, just my type of riding!

Greasemonkey
05-31-2007, 08:04 AM
Lots of places to ride,just hop on the net.My favorite so far is around mocassin gap[russelville area].Some are listed as horse trails but are open to bikes to.

Hood Ornament
05-31-2007, 10:13 AM
I love the Albert Pike area. Planning on getting up there for a w/e when things get a little more manageable with work. Do you have any GPS tracks of the route to WPG?

Chrisb370
05-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Wolf Pen is great.
We go every spring break.
You have to make it to The Blue Lagoon which is great.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL19/1985013/15748696/239770258.jpg