• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Confession

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Last Name
McCreight
Forgive me Father for I have sinned. It has been 5 months since I last played in the dirt.

I took the WR out last night. It was a blast. Too bad when the sun goes behind the mountians it gets dark quick. I ended up on the main dirt road past dark and the dual sport head light was barely adequate at speed. I guess I have to spend a little money there. On the trails, being slow the headlight was good enough. I sold the VFR this past weekend and the WR has been my street bike for now. I got to thinking, 5 miles from the house is the start of the dirt road. And 5 miles into the dirt is the start of the trails. It is 6:15pm, why not play. Also, there is no daylight savings here, so the sun is up by 5 am, and is dark right about 7:45. Nope, no pictures.

Finally, since it is a whole 10-15 minutes to get to the dirt from the house, i am going to make it a prioirty to spend one evening a week playing. :rider:

Oh yeah, new street bike to come. Why post here? Because it might be a more streetable dual sport. ;-)

If you'll get about an 80 to 100 mile loop layed out, maybe me and that goat herder friend of ours will come out and join you for some off road fun.

We did 130 miles today in the jeep. Never put it in 4wd. From rocks to deep sand washs to mountian passes. Mostly semi maintained roads, but it was fun. Most of the "fun" trails were too narrow for my jeep with the doors on. I thought Texas pin striping was bad. It has nothing on Arizona. And on that note, I cannot wait to fall :giveup:

But, we went from 2500 feet all the way to 8500! It was a good day. I plan to try it out with GetBent on bikes this week if he is up to it. Give me until this winter, temps will be great and I will be a half decient trail guide. ;-)

Oh yeah, too Terra out yesterday (on Bikes) she has the 200 KTM. I knew something was wrong when I heard it get in the pipe while we were on 6" round river rocks. Look back to see her half way off the bike then on, then in a misquite tree, then back on the rocks. She made it to sand and dropped the bike. A few hours later she said she had a great time. I really need to get her a 4 stroke that she can touch the ground on.

Have a great week,
Adam

I am glad you sold your street bike..

I am glad that wasn't a catus

Hello Jack :) 2 weeks !

Mike Green

Awesomename change------Goat Trail Green....I like it! Mike, I want you to find the rock I hit last time and kick it for me! Adam, can't wait to hit the dirt with you. Seeing as I will have alot of free time for a couple of months I plan on going through a few Maxxis IT.

Two weeks, and I'm counting every day. Maybe we'll all be on Orange by that time?

TLAs= Three letter acronyms.

ATK
KTM
BMW

Mike is just lazy and doesn't like to type anything as long as
Honda
Yamaha
:rider:

I found a beautiful '06 525 with steering stablizer and some more bling with only 2 rides on it. Guy's first bike dirt bike and we got scared on the second ride and traded it for a BMW street bike. 5k.

Awesomename change------Goat Trail Green....I like it! Mike, I want you to find the rock I hit last time and kick it for me! Adam, can't wait to hit the dirt with you. Seeing as I will have alot of free time for a couple of months I plan on going through a few Maxxis IT.

Sounds like I need to come ride that WR with you while Adam is working ??

Yeah Adam 3+3+3 = 3

LOL I bet it scared him... I see bigger numbers in you future !! CC's that is...I will e-mail you...!!

Jack let me know about Wednesday !!

Mike

Sounds like I need to come ride that WR with you while Adam is working ??

Yeah Adam 3+3+3 = 3

LOL I bet it scared him... I see bigger numbers in you future !! CC's that is...I will e-mail you...!!

Jack let me know about Wednesday !!

Mike

I have a 1200 in my future! ;-) And, I have an XR to ride, after Jim starts working, he isn't going to get a day off for 6 months. There isn't a key, so I just drive up to the back of the shop and leave him with a blue bike :lol2:

Gotta start working, I have a 3 hour meeting in 9 minutes.

Back