PDA

View Full Version : Sliks helmet liners

chiko
09-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Sliks helmet liners ---
Stops helmet hair :shock:

Ok that may be a little strong but definitely reduces it by a lot. $15 seems a little steep for a cloth on your head but it keeps you from looking like a freak when you walk into the office.

Haven't gone a long ride to find out if it

"Controls Helmet Itch" :oops:

Valker
09-27-2004, 06:46 PM
It stops helmet hair and it will stop the 'itch', but they are very hot in the summer. They take away all the helmet venting. I just decided to get old and lose most of the helmet hair-cooler that way! :shock:

Tourmeister
09-27-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm with Valker :mrgreen: Hair is an over rated thing. I trim what I have down real short every week or so. Helmet head is not an issue.

Adios,

Jesse H
09-28-2004, 08:17 PM
http://www.twtex.com/viewtopic.php?p=17467#17467

8-)

Mustang
09-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Too funny...

I got tired of helmet head REAL quick... and well.. I saw that beard trimmer laying by the sink one day, picked it up, and started once again telling the wife I was going to cut it off. She got tired of hearing it from me and said "knock yourself out." Wasn't seeking approval, just ummm, reassurance I guess. We all wanna be loved. lol

I grew up with very long thick hair, but the years have forced me to wear it shorter and shorter. I know keep it trimmed to a #4 and have,as of late, been threatening to just remove that guide all together.. but I like to know that I still have some hair.

Mustang

P.S. Really cuts down on the shampoo costs. So there's a plus if I ever need one for a bike/money arguement. Haven't needed yet. lol

Tourmeister
09-30-2004, 04:56 AM
#2 for me so I won't have to mess with it as often ;-)

Adios,

TheCanuck
09-30-2004, 12:36 PM
#2 for me so I won't have to mess with it as often ;-)

Adios,

I always wondered about the hairs poking their way into the linner and getting caught when the helmet shifts a bit.

I would love to try, but Stacy does not agree with the idea. And like the man says, I want a bit of love once in a while :angel:

cheers,
Tom

Tourmeister
09-30-2004, 01:13 PM
Beth loves it. Says it makes me even more rub-able. Who am I to argue with that!? Never had a problem with the hairs sticking in the liner. My head hair is baby soft and not stiff like beard hair, hehe.

Adios,

TheCanuck
09-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Beth loves it. Says it makes me even more rub-able. Who am I to argue with that!? Never had a problem with the hairs sticking in the liner. My head hair is baby soft and not stiff like beard hair, hehe.

Adios,

I emailed this thread to Stacy her answer was

no

Oh well. :shrug:

cheers,
Tom

Tourmeister
09-30-2004, 02:25 PM
:rofl

Jesse H
09-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Haha. To my suprise my better half likes it also. I initially did it to piss her off. :-)

First time I washed my hair cutting it off I used way too much shampoo.

Tourmeister
09-30-2004, 05:18 PM
You use shampoo? I just just Dove bar soap for me whole self ;-) Well... Crest for the teeth, hehe.

Adios,

Mustang
09-30-2004, 10:21 PM
You use shampoo? I just just Dove bar soap for me whole self ;-) Well... Crest for the teeth, hehe. :lol:

I'm with you Scott.. a bar of soap works just fine now. and a squeeze of whatever happens to be on the toothbrush thingy... hoping no one decides to play a joke on me and switch it for something other then toothpaste... I'm just not the morning person.

Mustang

j.davis
10-01-2004, 12:47 PM
A Slik that is soaked in cold water will keep your head cool. I always saturate mine before I do a riding session at trackday events and when I can during longer recreational rides.

Tourmeister
10-01-2004, 02:15 PM
:tab I do something similar. When we stop for gas, I will often dump ice in my helmet so it can melt and soak the liner. When I go to put it back on, I dump out the remaining ice. It keeps the noggin cool for quite a while. If there is an ice freezer out in front of the store and it is not locked, I might toss my jacket and helmet in there while we gas up and stand around. Only drawback is that the visor will fog up for a minute or two after I get the helmet out.

Adios,